+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Losec tablets

Hi my 4 week old has silent reflux. Just wondering when you can give losec dose. I know its usually 30m before a feed but my bub will scream to wait for his feed. Does anyone give after

Sent from my GT-I9300T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi @RAV2014
    I used to give losec right before feed, I would crush and mix with a little water then syringe in her mouth. As she had bottle immediately after she was happy. We also sometimes mixed in with her bottle but have to make sure its well dissolved or it clogs the teat... and makes for a very grumpy bubba
    Hope the losec helps you both

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for your reply. Did it still work For you..even though you didn't wait 30mins. I hope it works. Its so heartbreaking. Not to mention exhausting

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I also used to give DS his losec right before his feed. I had the losec made up into a liquid suspension at the chemist though. It meant I just had to syringe it into his mouth as it was already dissolved etc. into the liquid. The idea of losec is to decrease the acid in the stomach so I don't see the harm in having it mix with the feed. After his bedtime feed I also gave him infant gaviscon to thicken the feed (I BF) which helped with the chucking. GL, having a refluxy baby is really hard. You are doing the best you can. x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sure did! The losec tablets were the only med that helped dd. It is very heartbreaking, frustrating and tiring but give it a week or 2 and hopefully your lo responds well to the losec.
    Fingers crossed reflux doesn't stick around for long either. The paed said be prepared for her to have reflux til around 18 months but thankfully by 13 months it was gone! Also we used to give mylanta if she had any episodes in between doses. It was rare but good to have on hand. Ive forgotten dosage though so check with pharmacist

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks so much thats great info. Very unhappy luttle man who cries heaps esp from 2am for hours

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by RAV2014 View Post
    Thanks so much thats great info. Very unhappy luttle man who cries heaps esp from 2am for hours

You poor thing, I really do understand where you are coming from, its so tough. Just take it 1 day at a time or even an hr at a time. Soon you will have a happy smiling lil man. Good on you for getting onto it so early too