+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    FearlessLeader is offline Winner 2013 - Most Memorable Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    We host breakfast for the family on Christmas Day. We just do a big fruit platter (melon, stone fruit and there must be cherries) and a few pastries. And champers!! Xmas is such a big food day we just eat enough to get us through to lunch time.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to FearlessLeader For This Useful Post:

KitiK  (09-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I have seen a lot of slow cooker breakfast with bacon and egg things. Maybe look into that if you are after a hot breakfast in the morning but don't want to slave away and miss all the fun.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to AngelicHobgoblin For This Useful Post:

KitiK  (09-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    We do Santa at our house then go to my grandparents at 7am for more presents and breakfast.
    We do presents then ham and cheese croissants and back home to cook lunch.
    It is insanely early to go anywhere but my grandparents would be crushed if we didn't do it. We have done it since I was born.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Lincolns mummy For This Useful Post:

KitiK  (09-11-2014)

TheGooch is offline Winner 2014 - Newbie of the Year
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I love savoury pancakes on Xmas morning. Basic pancake batter and add whatever you like - mint and feta or pea and haloumi. The best thing about pancakes is you can make the batter and let it sit while presents are opened and cook afterwards.

Another brekkie option is a completely cold breakfast. Make a platter of fresh fruit and ham and make some homemade muesli to go with it and some yoghurt.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to TheGooch For This Useful Post:

KitiK  (09-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by KitiK View Post
    Thanks @BettyV. What pastry do you use? Where can you buy it from?

I would love to give things a bit of a try before the day!
    you just use puff pastry. You can find it in the frozen section at woollies or Coles. To make the croissants you cut the pastry into triangles, roll it up, brush with egg and sort of shape it into a crescent. Bake at around 180 degrees until golden.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to BettyV For This Useful Post:

KitiK  (09-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Thanks OP - I've been inspired to look up new xmas brekky ideas all afternoon and have now decided to do a waffle station! I'll cook a big batch of fresh waffles and have a bunch of "toppings" ranging from sweet to savoury and everyone can help themselves ! We take turns hosting xmas lunch ( between mum and I) and it's lunch at mum and dads and our turn for breakfast this year so hopefully it's a hit!

SpecialPatrolGroup is offline T-rex is cranky until she gets her coffee.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    We always have a ham for Christmas so we have a very simple breakfast of ham on toast and a cup of tea.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using The Bub Hub mobile app

13. The Following User Says Thank You to SpecialPatrolGroup For This Useful Post:

KitiK  (11-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by btmac View Post
    Coles also now have bake at home croissants - they are very good. A 10 pack is normally $8 but they frequently go on sale for $5. They are in the dessert section of the freezer.
    I did the croissants with ham and cheese for this year's Father's Day. Went down so well! http://shop.coles.com.au/online/nati...esserts-472613 I also did the apple pastries. Choc croissants would be divine also. Good idea to thaw/proof them in the oven on trays the night before so that the pastries get HUGE!

15. The Following User Says Thank You to clucky_duck For This Useful Post:

btmacxxx  (09-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Traditions -

Christmas tree is up 1st of Dec, the Christmas star/angel goes on last and make a wish.
    Many christmas's growing up, my Mum couldn't afford decorations and for a long time after my Dad left a christmas tree, so we used make paper chains out of junk mail. We even continued doing it after we could afford things, and it just served to be a reminder of where we had come from. I now do them with my own kids.
    Christmas Eve, kids open one present which is pjs, and a Xmas story that they can wear and read before bed.

Christmas food.. well traditionally, it used to be the works, roasts, curries, trifle, punch and ice cream. And my grandmother was the one who use to pull it together.
    Since she passed and marrying into a family where Christmas isn't as big of a deal as it was in mine, it really hasn't been the same for me. But every year I try to make Christmas huge and exciting.
    This year I am going to try and make a yule log for Christmas dessert

Thanks
    Reviews
    Bircher muesli! You make the muesli part the night before in a serving bowl and the next morning just top with creamy yoghurt and lots of berries.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Colbie For This Useful Post:

KitiK  (11-11-2014)