+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Christmas breakfast traditions/recipes

I'd love to start our own tradition of Christmas breakfast for my family, but am finding it hard to find good/quick/easy breakfast ideas. I don't want to be stuck cooking bacon and eggs while the kids open presents! I thought maybe a make ahead / baked french toast might be good, given we will be out for lunch. What does everyone else do?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    We make croissants and serve with ham and cheese.

We use bought pastry and roll the croissants the day before ready to go in the oven in the morning. Pre cut the ham and cheese and that way you don't have to spend much time in the kitchen Christmas morning.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to BettyV For This Useful Post:

KitiK  (09-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks @BettyV. What pastry do you use? Where can you buy it from?

I would love to give things a bit of a try before the day!

Thanks
    Reviews
    We have pastries and a lovely platter of stone fruit with a bottle is champagne. Often some chocolate as well.

If my mum is in charge we have ham and eggs but I find that pretty heavy considering what the rest of the day will involve.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to mummymaybe For This Useful Post:

KitiK  (09-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    We open our stockings but then it's breakfast and getting dressed so the rest of presents are much later.
    I normally cook breakfast, stuffed mushrooms, breakfast bruschetta, honey roast peaches and yoghurt. Can mostly all be prepared the day before which helps.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to rainbow brite For This Useful Post:

KitiK  (09-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    We'll be having pain au chocolat on xmas morning. I'll make them the night before and then warm them in the morning. This our first family xmas so it'll be new traditions for us as well!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to LaDiDah For This Useful Post:

KitiK  (09-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ending 5/6/15100 Posts in a week
    We do ham and cheese croissants for the kids and partner and I have tomato avo and cheese. I serve this with freshly squeezed oj (I have golden grapefruit).

I prep all the croisants the night before and have them on oven trays in the morning then I squeeze oranges with my kids and we talk about what might be in the presents santa left. Then when my partner is up (a bit of a lazy bones) we do presents with breakfast.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 26/9/2014100 Posts in a week
    We have pancakes, ham, and eggs with lots of maple syrup. Usually do presents first and then breakfast later so don't miss out on watching everyone open presents.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    We do pancakes but use xmas cookie cutters as rings so the pancakes come out in xmas tree or candy cane shapes plus this year I'm going to try a fruit xmas tree likes these :
    ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1415489065.288960.jpg

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Elijahs Mum For This Useful Post:

clucky_duck  (09-11-2014),KitiK  (09-11-2014),LaDiDah  (09-11-2014),Pusheen The Cat  (09-11-2014),SimplyMum  (27-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    We get up, the men cook bacon, eggs and tomatos on the bbq while the kids get dressed, we eat, then we open presents. Its the way we have always done it so the kids dont even ask about presents until after breakfast (and normally we have to tell them to open them lol). Xmas morning is really relaxed for us. But in saying that, we stay with family at xmas so we are all in the 1 place anyway, we arent having to worry about going anywhere later on.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

16. The Following User Says Thank You to SheWarrior For This Useful Post:

KitiK  (09-11-2014)