+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    NurseAnni is offline Winner 2014 - Most Memorable Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Australia Zoo with 3 yr old?

Realistically, how long would we need to allow for an energetic 3yo boy to see most (if not all) of the park?
    Thanks

Sent from my GT-S6102 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Somewhere like Australia zoo you can spend all day there seeing all the different shows/demonstrations that they have as well as seeing all the animals. But if you just look at all the animals you can do that in half a day

Sent from my GT-I9506 using The Bub Hub mobile app

3. The Following User Says Thank You to tamute For This Useful Post:

NurseAnni  (09-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    We went when my DD was 2, got there at opening time, walked around all the animals then watched a crocodile show at about midday or 1pm then went home. It was a really hot day when we went so we were quite exhausted by then!
    There is quite a bit of walking, so we took a stroller for DD, but DS who was 4 at the time walked around fine. Easier to get around without the stroller if you can get away with it.
    Have fun!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to LittleBug'sMum For This Useful Post:

NurseAnni  (09-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 26/9/2014100 Posts in a week
    We took DS1 when he was about 18 months. He's a very energetic little guy and we got there at opening and ended up leaving at around 2:30. He alternated between riding in the pram, running and having a piggyback ride from his dad. We took a picnic lunch and stored it in a locker that we hired so broke the day up by having a picnic lunch. There's lots of lovely places to sit.

We saw all the animals, but didn't see any of the shows as we knew he wouldn't sit still.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to summastarlet For This Useful Post:

NurseAnni  (09-11-2014)

NurseAnni is offline Winner 2014 - Most Memorable Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks guys... We are taking my little nephew, trying to work out best times to get there and see everything. We are absolutely not morning people lol.

Sent from my GT-S6102 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I went when my son was 3.5yrs old and we got there close to opening. We probably left about 3pm. It's a decent day outing

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've seen annual passes are available until the end of November at great prices, but is it a place that u would visit more than once? Trying to figure out if its worth it or not.

Thanks
    Reviews
    If you live nearby can definitely go more than once, it is worth it. We have an annual pass but we avoid it between November and February every year because it is SO SO hot. Far too hot, lots of bitumen and no breeze. My 3 year old could easily spend the day there. The annoying thing is that the park is shaped like a C, you go all the way to the end and even though you are almost back to your car, you have to turn around and go back the long way 😁

Thanks
    Reviews
    There are also quite a few 'experiences' there that are great if you can afford it. At that age you can feed a tortoise (I think $40?) a giraffe ($30ish) and a fantastic rhino experience ($80 so quite pricey). The details are on the website and they are best if you book them in the days before you arrive.

Def will need a pram. We prefer to bring our own food too as the food court is pretty rubbish and overpriced even by theme park standards.

Also can feed the Roos and some farm animals for $2 a bag so bring some change. If you want to feed the Roos DEFINITELY do that first. The Roos get VERY sick of people and especially in the heat get very cranky - despite my careful supervision, my DD has been scratched twice.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh, and the tiger show is fantastic but not advertised so ask when you arrive what time it is and that's a nice one to view.