+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    At the hospital I went to you could go home after 48 hours if all went to plan. My 2nd csection was far worse than my first. The pain was terrible. I later found out that they had tore my stomach muscle. Far worse than incision pain. Hopefully all goes well for you and you can go home when you choose

Thanks
    Reviews
    Both my c-sections I stayed 4 nights. But only because I asked to go home. I went private and my ob wanted me to stay another 1-2 nights. No way!! I can't sleep in hospital and just wanted to get back home.

As far as being helped and waited on. With my 2nd C-sec I was far more confident in my abilities and with bubs. I only needed help to get out of bed the first time but was able to shower and dress myself. Very slowly but they left me to do it on my own and was able to call for help if needed.

The first 24 hours I had nurses checking me and bub regularly but by second night I barely saw them. Only came in to give me pain relief and then just left me and bubs alone the rest of the time.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    why is it impossible to try for a vbac?

Thanks
    Reviews
    My dr doesn't like to assist in vbac's as he believes they are too dangerous. I have seeked secondary opinions of two other dr's and they too said I wouldn't be allowed. My dr also said my hospital won't allow it either, im going public and I hace been told I can't go to my closest hospital because they don't take high risk patients ( caesar and haemorrhage). So I have 2 other options, one hospital I would never go to and I had my daughter at the other one so I will go back there. I am just really scared about the whole experience to be honest, with dd I loved her birth It was so easy and a beautiful experience. With ds it was horrendous, although the mw were amazing they really wanted me to have a cs from the beginning. I had one mw who stood up for me and allowed me to labour and I got all the way to fully dilated. Pushing for 2 hours to get his massive head out, I finally accepted I wouldn't be able to do it. It just wasn't that beautiful experience and now I feel like that has been taken away from me.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was in for 5 days post elective c section.
    The nurses didn't wait on me or help me in the shower or anything.
    In fact other than that first evening when Id just had the section, I barely saw them unless i buzzed.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by 2giraffes View Post
    As far as being helped and waited on. With my 2nd C-sec I was far more confident in my abilities and with bubs. I only needed help to get out of bed the first time but was able to shower and dress myself. Very slowly but they left me to do it on my own and was able to call for help if needed.
    This was me with my 2nd emergency CS as well. Plus I was on much better pain medication. The first one I felt so helpless, plus being in shock from it all. The 2nd time I knew the 'tricks' to make moving easier so apart from an arm to help me sit up the first time I showered etc by myself.

I was in for 4 night with both. I probably could have gone after 3 with my 2nd but I love the room service!

I would think you are an ideal candidate for a VBAC since you have had a VB and got to 10cm last time as well. I'd be doing some research of your own into the risks and discussing it again.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was sick with nerves over needing a cs with ds last month, not for the procedure itself but the recovery and needing to be away from dd. It was elective and public, home on day 4 so 3 nights in hospital which was more than enough for me. He wasn't born until midday on the tues however there was talk of discharging us on Thursday afternoon so could have been home within 48hrs (didn't happen as needed clearance from the paed due to a murmur murmur)

I only had help with the shower the next morning which was my first time up and about, after that I went myself. Once the catheter was out, I went to the toilet on my own accord. As it stands, I've had the most amazing recovery and at 5wks, well & truly feel back to normal. Very thankful as I was going batty in those early days needing help with day to day chores

Sent from my HTC Desire X using The Bub Hub mobile app