+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default c-sect question

How long do I have to stay in hospital after elective c-sect? I had a natural birth with dd then an emergency c-sect with ds, I wanted a v-bac this time but have been told it is pretty much impossible. Anyway I don't really like hospital, never had a bad experience all the midwives were awesome at both hospitals I delivered at, I just get very "nervous" if that makes sense. I don't like to be waited on, im a very independent person and dont like being helped to shower, toilet etc.,. Can I go home the next day? It is making me very nervous just thinking about it. With ds I was in hospital for a week, he was in sc though so it was different. I just want to be at home in my own bed with my family.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Are you going public or private?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I would have thought you probably need to stay for the recommended time just so you can rest properly. The pain in quite high and although you don't like being waiting on, it really is best for your recovery.
    I guess at the end of the day it's up to you but make sure you look after yourself. You need to take it easy, especially if you have two kids at home.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I has an elective cs with DS2, went into hospital on the Tuesday morning and was home by Thursday morning, so about 48 hrs in hospital. Not sure if they would let you stay just one night, but I felt well enough day 2 that possibly could have coped with going home. I really took it very easy at home for the next week or two, so you will need some support at home, especially with other kids to look after too.
    Good luck

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm sure you can ask and depending on how it goes etc it may be possible. I had an emergency c/section with ds and an elective c/section with dd and both times I was in hospital for 3 days, followed by a week of home visits by the midwives. No harm in asking.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was discharged 36 hours after an emergency c-section. The nurses didn't really help me in hospital so it was almost better to be at home with DH there to help me dress, pick up the baby etc. I would have liked an extra night though, the bed rail and rails in the bathroom were useful!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had a c sect on a Friday morning and was home Sunday afternoon. I would have been home Sunday morning but had to wait for the OB to discharge me...! Seemed to take ages! Not sure if she was busy or they were deliberately stalling! Lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I had an emergency c-sect and I was in hospital for 6 days. I had blood loss and the Drs found a heart murmur in my son so had to stay until the Monday to get him checked by a pediatrician.
    So it really will depend on what happens.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I was public and had DD by emergency csec on Wednesday morning and was discharged on the following Monday - she was in NICU until the Saturday lunchtime though so that's part of the reason they kept me in longer. The usual discharge times would've had me leaving on Saturday.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had my DD on the Tuesday morning and wasn't allowed home until 6 sleeps but had complications. I'm sure they would have let me go sooner like day 2 if these complications hadn't have happened because I had asked before hand.
    My first I stayed 3 nights, with no issues.