+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Pain after EPU

Hi ladies, I was just wondering what kind of pain everyone felt after their EPU? I had mine yesterday and I was not prepared for the pain that followed! I heard a lot of women have mild period like pain. I have severe pain and still can't move. My husband has to help me to the bathroom and back, I get faint and feel nauseous and have to rush back to lie down. My pain is also spreading further up my stomach above my belly button.

I rang the doctor yesterday and they said to see how it goes. It is probably 1% better today. I am still urinating and only vomited once and can breath ok so it doesn't seem to be OHSS which I am at risk for and on medication to prevent.

Guess I am just looking for reassurance that this can be normal and not mean something worse. It seems that everyone's recovery is different? They collected 19 eggs so did say I might be a bit sore. But "bit sore" is not what I consider this to be and I have a pretty high pain threshold!

Anything you could share would be much appreciated!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @emily3011 sorry to hear you're in so much pain hun. And yes everyone is different, but your symptoms do sound very OHSS-like 😕

I ended up with OHSS after 18 eggs collected. Similar to yours, extreme pain, nauseous/vomiting, faint/dizzy, everything blacking out & me having to scramble back to bed before I passed out. Even on the toilet I felt myself blacking out & had to call out to my hubby to come save me.
    Literally could not walk without clinging on to him too. And by 'walk', I mean at a snail's pace in agony.

If it's not better pretty soon I reckon you should ring your FS again. Better to be safe than sorry hun xx
    Last edited by KayzB; 08-11-2014 at 09:04.

Thanks
    Reviews
    And like you too hun I have a pretty high pain threshold. My FS was terrible (I changed clinics after that!) and was blasé about my symptoms, telling me it'll soon pass. I just knew this was even beyond my limits though & rocked up to his clinic, barely able to walk.
    By the time I got to hosp they had to wheel me in & I was hooked up to drips for 5 days.

So trust yourself & your body hun, espec if it's telling you something isn't right xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    I didn't have too much pain the day of my epu, apart front some referred shoulder pain. The day after I just wanted to curl up and die, I couldn't move off the couch for a big part of the day I was in so much pain. But then it got better and I was back at work the next day after that. I didn't have any nausea or vomiting though and didn't develop OHSS. I'd definitely be speaking to your FS again though, what you're experiencing doesn't sound good.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Sounds like OHSS to me....?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks so much ladies! My doctor rang this morning to see how I was doing. She is basically recommending that I wait it out for the weekend and come in on Monday to test for OHSS. She said it's promising that I'm keeping food and fluids down and was able to sleep last night but the pain in my upper abdomen could indicate my ovaries are swelling. She said to ring her if anything gets worse but otherwise she'll be in contact on Monday. I am worried that it is OHSS. I feel like I don't have many options - as it's the weekend if I'm really worried I'll have to go to the ER and that would be really unpleasant...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I think if you need to you should go to the ER. I can't quite tell if she's fobbing you off or truly thinks ur ok. But at the end of the day if ur in that much pain it's just not normal. Are u on panadol ?

8. The Following User Says Thank You to MrsTugs For This Useful Post:

KayzB  (08-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I would go to er.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @emily3011 waiting it out doesn't seem right.. 😕 Perhaps would be worth going ER hun.. Hope you feel better asap xx
    Last edited by KayzB; 08-11-2014 at 17:12.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks so much everyone! I feel like I'm actually improving. I just went to the toilet twice and wasn't faint or sick and could actually shuffle on my own. I'm going to keep a close eye on it though - you're all right that I shouldn't risk it and follow my instincts. I think I'll take it hour by hour... xo @MrsTugs I am on panadol and the dr said I could take panadeine too.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to emily3011 For This Useful Post:

MrsTugs  (08-11-2014)