+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I don't think you failed your baby at all. I have a terrible habit of kissing baby's on their heads...babies I don't know well at all. If I'm cuddling them I automatically kiss the top of their head. I must have done it to my babies a lot.

I have noticed that my friends who are child care worker's engage with babies a lot more freely than other people do. I can't comment on whether she's high or not, and she sounds a bit out there, but I don't have a huge issue with what she did either. Could just be me though...it's been some time since I've had a baby, so maybe I'm just forgetting!

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Full House For This Useful Post:

SAgirl  (07-11-2014),Wise Enough  (07-11-2014)

SpecialPatrolGroup is offline T-rex is cranky until she gets her coffee.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I know that it can be so awkward when people are all over your baby like that. Try to keep in mind that she didn't wander off with your baby, she was near your table the whole time and bub was in reach of either you or your DH the whole time so you didn't let him down. He wasn't hurt and you won't do yourself, your bub or your DH any favours by dwelling on it. Let it go and move on.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SpecialPatrolGroup For This Useful Post:

Gracie's Mum  (07-11-2014),SAgirl  (07-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Ive been in situations where ive been too polite and regretted it later. (In regard to my kids) and I struggle with it later like ive not protected my kids properly. But the older I get the less I care about polite lol.

She definetly sounds odd. I would have been very uncomfortable with her bshaviour to your bub let alone the things she told you.

Sent from my SM-G900I using The Bub Hub mobile app

6. The Following User Says Thank You to ourbradybunch For This Useful Post:

SAgirl  (07-11-2014)

harvs is offline Winner 2014 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 2/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/3/15Busiest Member of the Week200 Posts in a week
    I agree that childcare workers sometimes have different boundaries where other people's children are concerned, in my experience. Even if she was high or drunk, from what you say your DS wasn't distressed and didn't get hurt so you haven't failed him.

I personally don't have an issue with people kissing or touching my DS so I'm not sure what you could have said.

Last NYE though, DS was crying and a woman I barely knew was cuddling him. She wouldn't give him back to me, she kept saying 'oh the crying isn't bothering me' and I was like 'wtf? It's bothering me!' I had to get a mutual friend to step in, so I do understand that feeling that you describe.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to harvs For This Useful Post:

SAgirl  (07-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Edit
    Last edited by SAgirl; 09-11-2014 at 14:51.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I'm with you...I would have felt the same.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Purple Lily For This Useful Post:

SAgirl  (07-11-2014)

harvs is offline Winner 2014 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 2/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/3/15Busiest Member of the Week200 Posts in a week
    Oh, in that case I usually say 'sorry, DS is going through separation anxiety atm and I can tell he is about to crack it, I just need to take him from you' and get in there and do it, then take him somewhere else like as if I'm going to calm him. Sorry, I misinterpreted your OP.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to harvs For This Useful Post:

FrothyFrog  (07-11-2014),SAgirl  (07-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I don't blame you for being upset, I would have probably responded the same way. Her behaviour was so very far over the line.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Nomia For This Useful Post:

SAgirl  (07-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by harvs View Post
    Oh, in that case I usually say 'sorry, DS is going through separation anxiety atm and I can tell he is about to crack it, I just need to take him from you' and get in there and do it, then take him somewhere else like as if I'm going to calm him. Sorry, I misinterpreted your OP.
    No worries I had so much to write and forgot that part. That's a good idea though thanks

TheGooch is offline Winner 2014 - Newbie of the Year
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I think it's "off" too. Unless she was asked if she wanted a cuddle with bub, she's overstepping.
    But your DH didn't pull her up so she probably thought she was fine.
    He may have felt a bit trapped like you did.
    Take some comfort in the fact that everyone is safe and well and maybe it opens things up with you and your DH to talk about what you'd do in that situation next time.
    I understand the feeling of letting down your bub. I had that feeling when DS first came home and someone in his life was jiggling him around, not giving DS their full attention and his little head was rolling around. He was 3 days old. I felt like I hadn't protected him because I didn't immediately step in.
    There were others there with far more experience with bubs than I had and because they didn't say anything, I wondered if I was being stupid.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to TheGooch For This Useful Post:

SAgirl  (07-11-2014)