+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Blast from the past.

Bit of a vent, feeling a bit down.

Through a weird set of circumstances my ex's sister has gotten in touch with me and now added me on Facebook. We enjoyed each others company 5 years ago and the breakup was amicable so I had no issue reconnecting.

Problem is I have now found out my ex who 'never wanted kids' has a child and I'm devastated. My husband and I are really struggling with fertility issues and ivf and I think I'm just really jealous.

Why do I have such strong emotions about this given I have no feelings for my ex.

I feel really silly for reconnecting because now I can't stop thinking about how he has everything I want.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I don't think you're silly for feeling that way. That would be hard to hear. Hugs xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    When we were doing ivf every pregnancy was a kick in the stomach and a reminder of what I didn't have.

Take it easy and acknowledge it for what it is. A sh***y situation for anyone to find themselves in.

BH-KatiesMum is offline Community Manager
    Winner 2008 - The most optimistic poster
    Winner 2014 - Most Helpful Moderator
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week

infertility is so incredibly hard. It messes with you ... usually these things are not about him, just all about you.

harvs is offline Winner 2014 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 2/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/3/15Busiest Member of the Week200 Posts in a week
    This happened to me. I ended a relationship with someone because he didn't want marriage and kids. He is now married with two kids. It hurts because of what could've been, and where I am in my life now, but it doesn't mean I would want to be with him iykwim. It's just strange the way life works out, isn't it?

I think it's natural to think on how life could be different, and I think your feelings are definitely to be expected. Do you think it's possible that finding this out was a catalyst for releasing feelings you've been holding at bay?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Happened to me too. Now I have two beautiful kids. I'm sure it will eventually happen to you too!!

But what's worse is my friend ALWAYS talks about my ex asif I care 😳 so frustrating!!!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Thanks ladies.

I think you are right @harvs, I guess to some degree it's a reminder life really isn't like I expected it to be at this stage.