+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

2. The Following User Says Thank You to FiveInTheBed For This Useful Post:

BettyW  (13-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I did once. It was with these 'psychic sisters' for 10 mins at an expo, I mean you can't get more tacky than that. I saw one of them, she cupped and held my hands and I felt a giant whoosh out of me kind of like a heart sinking feeling. It freaked me out and I almost fought it but then I let it go, assuming she needed it from me to read me.

She knew I planned to move and where to, and predicted I would travel around Australia for work (when I signed up for the job there was no mention of any travel). Very easy things to guess for a young girl though. She was wrong about my husband (I knew him back then and asked if there was any future with him) - but she did say no, I can't tell you that and gave me a lecture about looking to the future, I think, it was so long ago, I was zoning out over the lecture It was a few years and another boyfriend later until we actually did get together.

Then I forgot about it until years later I was talking to my boss/friend having a D&M when we were in Adelaide for work. Told her about the whoosh thing. She got very serious and warned me never to let anyone do it to me again. Apparently she saw a lady for massage every now and then who claimed to be psychic and she said she had to guard against it at conventions because less gifted psychics would try to do it to her all the time, it's taking away your psychic energy or something.

Considering that I had never heard of it before it happened to me and had never discussed it with anyone else, it was spooky, more so than the actual reading!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I'm not a fan of him but I do see a lady who so far has been pretty dang accurate haha my unexpected pregnancy, my marriage demise, my partners before my now dp who is apparently my twin flame. My grandparents passing etc, so I do believe but I also think there are plenty of frauds. My lady told me something the first time I went that she couldn't have made up it was a thought I had had many times to myself but never ever voiced and was way too random to be made up

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by LoCo View Post
    I have been to loads. I love it! It's only for entertainment purposes though as I take it all with a grain of salt!

If psychics were real why can't they find MH370? Or why can't they predict the big things like Ebola, Tsunami? I don't know it's a hard one.
    Apparently for bad things they shouldn't tell but then again I don't know why they can't find he plane, I was having a reading once and my psychic sighed before we started and said 3 people I know (that she knew not me) are going to die next week and I can't tell their families, and it happened

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by littlelove View Post
    Who are they gonna tell? Can you imagine having a dream about a flight going missing, then calling up the police or the army and telling them you had a dream that a flight went missing and you know where it is? You'd either be laughed at or locked up in an asylum! And if they actually followed through and you were right, you'd be pulled in for questioning as a terror suspect!

ETA - not having a go at you LoCo, just explaining why people might keep quiet when they have knowledge about something with no logical explaination of how they know it :/

Sent from my GT-I9195T using The Bub Hub mobile app
    No but why can't they find the plane now? So maybe not predict but go to the media and say hey I'm psychic here's where I think it is just give it a shot? I wonder if any have? I suppose the government aren't going to say SURE lets spend millions of dollars and look where a claimed psychic deems the plane to be because if it wasn't successful they'd be in big trouble right?

My psychic that I regularly use to see has never been wrong so I should believe but I try view it as entertainment only or I may go nuts🙉

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by PipersMummy View Post
    Apparently for bad things they shouldn't tell but then again I don't know why they can't find he plane, I was having a reading once and my psychic sighed before we started and said 3 people I know (that she knew not me) are going to die next week and I can't tell their families, and it happened
    But they shouldn't tell of bad things? Yet they talk to the dead and pass messages on for you? I don't know if I was a psychic I'd be looking for missing bodies, planes and warning people of disaster. Oh and maybe pull up the lotto numbers hehe sorry that joke was in bad taste wasn't it. To far LoCo to far😁

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by LoCo View Post
    But they shouldn't tell of bad things? Yet they talk to the dead and pass messages on for you? I don't know if I was a psychic I'd be looking for missing bodies, planes and warning people of disaster. Oh and maybe pull up the lotto numbers hehe sorry that joke was in bad taste wasn't it. To far LoCo to far😁
    There are a few that work with police departments, as consultants, like Alison Dubois. We just generally don't hear about it because so many people ridicule it and don't believe in it (with good reason, as there are so many frauds out there!). So it would make the police look a bit silly and incompetent if they were openly using psychics. There was a show a while ago 'Sensing Murder' where the psychics on some of the shows were actually able to provide new leads into cold cases that actually had the cases reopened and in some instances solved.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by littlelove View Post
    There are a few that work with police departments, as consultants, like Alison Dubois. We just generally don't hear about it because so many people ridicule it and don't believe in it (with good reason, as there are so many frauds out there!). So it would make the police look a bit silly and incompetent if they were openly using psychics. There was a show a while ago 'Sensing Murder' where the psychics on some of the shows were actually able to provide new leads into cold cases that actually had the cases reopened and in some instances solved.

Ahhhhh yes makes more sense. I guess the world is divided on it aren't they.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Ok So just got home! Had a great night out ( highly recommend Jamies italian !) and must admit john Edward was pretty good! We never got chosen but the family 2 rows behind and a few rows in front did and it was pretty fascinating !

They only opened the theatre at 7.15 so we had to line up to get in and everyone was seated by 7.30 and he came on about 7.40 - he is a great speaker and told a few stories and talked about how it all works and asked that if he asked you a question just to answer yes or no and not to elaborate on anything - it started with him asking the audience if the they had any questions and he just picked at random - it was never the I can see someone whose name starts with an E type thing at all - he would ask the person more direct question and he read maybe 12 people in 2 and a bit hours and many times if he asked a question like " did someone die of a gun shot wound" and the people said no then either the people next to or behind would say that's me my dad died of a gun shot wound and then John would go to them

The family behind us was a really good one as he was actually talking to the lady next to them and he kept saying someone has passed and he was working overseas and she kept saying no , no one ever worked overseas and he kept persisting and the girl next to her was visibly shaken and said I think you might be talking about me - he said did someone pass who was working overseas and she said yes , he said its either your brother or partner and she said "my husband" and he said did he get sick really quickly and they still don't know 100% what happened and she said yes , and he said what is the meaning of 2 months and she said we had only been married for 2 months when he died ( she was sobbing by this stage and so was the audience) and he said he's hear and he wants you to know he's ok and he has someone with him with a two syllable name sort of like Gi Gi and she said my grandmother was Ga Ga and he said yes was she close with your husband and she said yes very and he said did she always make him risotto and she's like no she never made risotto and John said he's showing me a bowl of something that looks like sloppy oatmeal or rice and she said her grandmother used to make a South African dish ( can't remember the name that was like a sloppy oatmeal) and John said your husband never liked it and she said "yes he hated it but didn't want to tell her" by this stage her mother and father were crying and john said nice things like he's always with you but wants you to know its ok to move on

A few others like that one were sad , someone's grandson died at 4 , some where a bit boring but seemed accurate and another ladies started out funny - John said he has her dad and did she ever put an animal in a fridge ( audience and John laughing) and she said yes I put my sisters cat in the fridge when I was 6 but dad caught me! He said then its definitely your dad but I am picking up something not pleasant and please tell me if you don't want to answer but we're you abused as a child and she started to shake uncontrollably and said yes and he said your dad believes you and knows what happened to you

So I can say it definitely all seemed legit and the emotions of the audience we're definitely real and maybe he could have fluked some things but it was a lot more involved that I thought and never did I ever think he was not genuine so I'm keeping an open mind! I think I'd still be too scared though to ever get a reading done !

11. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Elijahs Mum For This Useful Post:

Busy-Bee  (13-11-2014),HeavenBlue  (14-11-2014),Jontu  (14-11-2014),LouLaa  (15-11-2014),Sairz  (14-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow he does sound really good then. I've seen Anthony Grzelka in this way. They pick out who they have messages for. Interesting stuff!