+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I've been to psychic and she was terrible. As soon as I saw her I could feel she was a fraud. I do think there are people who are psychic though.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using The Bub Hub mobile app

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Night Owl For This Useful Post:

Elijahs Mum  (07-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I have seen one at a friends place, and it all fitted with my life situation at the time, HOWEVER, i now realise that it was just cold reading and a complete load of BS. Psychics are charlatans. Watch Derren Brown investigates - the psychic episode.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Lil M For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 19/6/2014
    John Edwards seems rather dodgy straight away.... 'is there anyone in this room who has a relative that's passed with a name that starts with an A'.... no reply from audience.... ' does anyone in this room know anyone who has passed with a name that starts with an A or an E.... or has an A or E in it..' the criteria just gets broader and broader when he gets no bites.

Apparently they have people mingling before the shows trying to pick up information that they can later use so keep an eye out for any suss people trying to milk info out of you..lol.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to HarvestMoon For This Useful Post:

Elijahs Mum  (07-11-2014),Kazza78  (07-11-2014),littlelove  (07-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HarvestMoon View Post

Apparently they have people mingling before the shows trying to pick up information that they can later use so keep an eye out for any suss people trying to milk info out of you..lol.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app
    Lol - just about everyone I spoke to today said the same thing - plus to take my wedding ring off, dress down and don't talk to strangers!

I've seen him on tv but have no idea how it's supposed to work with over 2000 people in a theatre?

Worst case scenario I get a good laugh and a child/husband free evening! I'll report back next Friday to let you all know what happened!

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Elijahs Mum For This Useful Post:

HarvestMoon  (07-11-2014),littlelove  (07-11-2014),SimplyMum  (11-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I saw John Edward in Sydney a few years ago. I thought he was full of it but I am a believer in psychics. There were some very desperate people in the audience and it was quite sad. He did pick up on something for one young man but I could see how this could have been fake. My ex flatmate is psychic and a clairvoyant. I have seen her work a room (only 8 strangers) and she was quite amazing. I also know someone who is a 'psychic detective' but she hasn't yet honed her skills. She gets some amazing stuff though. Best person I have seen was a palm reader (recommended by my ex flatmate). He was incredible!

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BbBbBh For This Useful Post:

Elijahs Mum  (07-11-2014),LouLaa  (09-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    No and no.

I think some are very good at reading people, and telling people what they want to hear. Some not so much.

My partner maintains the website for a group of very profitable "psychics", including one who regularly wins awards. It's run by a real estate agent, and he will hire anyone who can make money. The customers are usually people who are desperate - have been TTC for years, are lonely and can't find a partner, have recently lost a loved one etc. The whole industry disturbs me.

For those who seem amazing...remember that there are some incredible magicians too. I don't know anybody though who would argue that what they do is "real", no matter how amazing it seems. Some performers are incredibly good at taking advantage of the ways our brains work, and we tend to over-estimate our understanding of how we behave. You may THINK you couldn't possibly have given any clue about something...but that doesn't mean you haven't.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Renn For This Useful Post:

Elijahs Mum  (07-11-2014),FiveInTheBed  (07-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes I saw one many years ago when I was feeling lost about my studies and potential career choice. That was the only thing she picked up on.
    Everything else she said was incorrect.
    She then freaked me out by saying that there was the spirit of a dead child haunting me and she could help with getting rid of it. This would consist of a several sessions. Luckily I was a poor student and couldn't afford it! At the time it did bother me a bit but looking back now I can see was a fraud!

The night put with your friend sounds great though, enjoy. Wonder if you will get picked!

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Jontu For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Elijahs Mum View Post
    Lol - just about everyone I spoke to today said the same thing - plus to take my wedding ring off, dress down and don't talk to strangers!

I've seen him on tv but have no idea how it's supposed to work with over 2000 people in a theatre?

Worst case scenario I get a good laugh and a child/husband free evening! I'll report back next Friday to let you all know what happened!
    Lol. I'll be waiting next Friday for your update!!

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Kazza78 For This Useful Post:

Elijahs Mum  (09-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Have you ever seen a physic and are you a believer?

John Edward was one of the first mediums I ever saw. I found him entertaining but I wouldn't go again, I just find a crowd of that size too impersonal. I'm also skeptical when they charge a fortune to see them.

Since then, I've seen two other mediums, one with a group of 100 people. Another very recently in an intimate group of 10 people. The last one was by far the best. She knew names, she knew events. It was incredibly accurate.

I do believe there are people who have a gift to talk to the 'other side'. But unfortunately many fraudsters as well.

Either way, you'll have a fun night out!
    Last edited by LouLaa; 09-11-2014 at 08:12.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to LouLaa For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've seen two so far and they both said things that have come true. The second lady I saw nearly everything she said was spot on.
    I find it interesting and fun.
    I feel I sometimes have some sixth sense as I have some dreams come true and I get déjà Vu a lot. My gut instinct is very in tune

20. The Following User Says Thank You to PurpleButterfly4 For This Useful Post: