+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by VicPark View Post
    I still don't get this. I mean I totally get that you don't want to be in people's hair when they are frazzled ... And that's great...but IMO there's no excuse for slinking off and doing absolutely nothing while your hosts are running around like busy bees.

You can ask what they would like you to do. If they say nothing, then you back off and give them space. If they say "chop the carrots" you can ask "would you like me to chop them long or round." There is no reason why an offer of help needs to be a problem for the hosts....?... In my circle at least the greatest risk of causing offence would come from not offering to help at all.
    Yes there are multitude of reasons why I'd 'slink' off including the fact I myself don't like people interfering if I'm doing something. By all means do stuff whilst I'm not home/away/out. Also I'm far far quicker at multitasking the kids and housework if no one is interfering. I don't wish to waste time explaining how I want something done when I can do it myself quicker.

Tho if I was staying in someone's house they would come home to dinner cooked and dishes washed up. But I would never ever interfere unasked in the hosts evening routine.

As mentioned before we are different people. What you think is rude I find safe and what I think is rude you find ok. If I need/want help I just ask for it. I always have family and friend over so I'm used to chaos. I'm just trying to explain that if you earn your folks to help then just ask them or give them a job specifically to do.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Redcorset View Post
    Wow you have fabulous family/in laws/friends! Sounds wonderful
    Yes. All unasked, other than my dad that I have to bribe with biscuits to mind the kids.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Rose&Aurelia&Hannah For This Useful Post:

Redcorset  (09-11-2014)