+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Maybe your dose was too low? Get a second opinion. This ivf stuff is hard, but persistence pays. You might be better off cycling at genea in sydney.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Butterfly39 For This Useful Post:

wendlle  (08-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks ladies. I got "the call" this morning and it was bad news. None of the 3 made it past the cell stage and today is day 5. They said they will leave them for one more day but that is just a pipe dream. They are confused as am I. I am only 34! Why didn't they grow? I can't do another cycle until January because of Christmas. I am making an appointment with my Doctor for next week to discuss what could be wrong. I am so upset, I knew this could happen all along but we were told our chances were really good.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Im sorry to hear your news. It's heartbreaking when that happens. Have you asked your Dr about putting them back sooner. I had terrible eggs so mine never did any good in the dish which is why I always had mine put back on day 2. My Proff said some embies do better back in mum sooner rather than later.
    I wish you all the best.

Sent from my SM-G900I using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    On that's crushing. I'm so sorry xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm really sorry to hear. I got much better results 2nd time around on different drugs. Hopefully you will too. We were told it does take a few tries to get the recipe right. Good luck to you on your next try!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Every cycle is different.

Enquire about supplements to improve egg quality too and in the meantime you can start them. Growth hormone might be an option too. Might have been wrong protocol for you.

I'm on melatonin, e, d, berocca, zinc, folate, coq10, don quai, fish oil, goji berries bla bla

Your hubby might need a FISH done on his sperm too.

Many options, be positive ! X

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks all! so nice to have people here to talk to. I really think our dosage was too low. I just wasn't growing follicles. They were taking ages to grow and I had to go extra days. I was only on 150 Gonal and 250 Cetrotide. I'm also thinking the supplements might help @Butterfly39 so will ask Dr about those too. I know it takes a while for them to get the dosage right but they do realise that money doesn't grow on trees right?

Thanks
    Reviews
    You don't have a money tree? ;-| I did gonal f and cetrotide too for my first genea cycle. 2nd cycle which got heaps better results for me was menopur and orgalutran. I think they are super careful with the first dose as they don't want to over stim your ovaries. At least now they know how your body reacts & copes with the drugs. Like the other poster said, every cycle & body is different. My 1st cycle they got 9 eggs, the next cycle they got 18. I was 38.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by wendlle View Post
    Thanks all! so nice to have people here to talk to. I really think our dosage was too low. I just wasn't growing follicles. They were taking ages to grow and I had to go extra days. I was only on 150 Gonal and 250 Cetrotide. I'm also thinking the supplements might help @Butterfly39 so will ask Dr about those too. I know it takes a while for them to get the dosage right but they do realise that money doesn't grow on trees right?
    grow your own food and it does grow on trees. I'm getting a kilo of tomatoes a day alone off my tomato plants right now.