+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default WWYD (with a bit of a vent).

I am pretty annoyed right now. I lent some things to friend & co-worker when she was pregnant and I am now getting the run around. In addition to giving her a bunch of baby clothes, I lent her my yoga dvd, my fitball and a pregnancy book. I specified several times that I wanted them back when she was done with them. Fast forward a year and I am now pregnant again. I asked for the stuff back and she said she was busy and would text me when I could come over and collect. I went with that and waited. After a few weeks I was about to contact her again but discovered she had just gone into hospital so I held off, not wanting to pester a sick person.

Next thing I hear she has moved hours away! I gave up on the book and ball at that point resolving to buy new ones (which I have). I messaged her asking if she could send back my dvd and she tells me she lent it to a friend! So very rude!

Today I get another message saying she contacted said friend who has the dvd ready for me but as she has no license can I drive to her house which is about 1/2hr away from mine in a direction I never go to collect it!

So my friend lent it to someone without asking me before she even moved away which means she remembered she had it but still neglected to return it.

And now expects me to make a special trip to collect it forcing my toddler to spend an otherwise unnecessary hour in the car and using my petrol.

So now I am tempted to be difficult and ask for my other stuff back on principle or just tell her how I feel about all this. But another part of me just doesn't need the drama.

So what would you do? Do you find this rude and how would you handle it. She isn't a very close friend either.

And thanks for reading my vent.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yeah its very rude. I'd be cranky as, however I'd have written it ages ago. You could ask them to post it I suppose, but if it were me, I'd forget about it.

Sent from my C6603 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    It's rude.
    Do you still have to work with her

Thanks
    Reviews
    rude. I'd say you are busy and you don't care how but they can work it out to post it back between themselves.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    How much is the DVD worth?

I think it's poor form of your 'friend' to have given you the run around, and lending the DVD to some other person is just wrong.

If the DVD can easily be replaced, I would just write it off and buy a new one. And not deal with this woman ever again! I'd send her a final text too, something like "I just want you to know that I'm really disappointed that you haven't returned the items you borrowed off me. I won't be chasing them up anymore, as I'm tired of asking. Poor form".

My DH used to lend his DVD's out pretty freely at his old workplace. One woman lent a pretty special concert DVD and gave him the run around for months before he gave up. I was pretty cranky on his behalf!

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mod-Degrassi For This Useful Post:

BH-KatiesMum  (06-11-2014),Mama Mirabelle  (06-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Very rude. Firstly she should have returned your things and dropped them off to you rather than expecting you to pick it up. Secondly she should not have lent out your things without your permission. I would ask for the friend to post the dvd. I would like to tell her what she did was not ok but in reality I would probably just let it go and be sure to not ever lend her anything again.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Jontu For This Useful Post:

BH-KatiesMum  (06-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 29/5/15Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    I'd ask for ALL your belongings back. I'd also say that either they could post it or she could pick it up from her friend and drop it off to you.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger
    I'd be so annoyed, I've had things like this happen before and I'm astounded at the rudeness of some people. In theory I would say insist on her returning all your things but it sounds like it would be futile and frustrating for you. If it's not worth much I'd probably just write it off but I really like Degrassi's idea of sending a final straight forward message letting her know that she's not done the right thing. I never did and I still fume about the things I've lent out and not had returned, I wish I would've given those people a piece of my mind when I had the chance.

Thanks
    Reviews
    How rude! Depending on how pi$$ed off I was I may ask for it all to be returned.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Can't she post it back to you?

Very annoying, but then again I'm the type of person who likes my books returned as soon as a friend has read them.
    I'd suggest she post it and if she can't then I'd just buy a new one but I'd find it hard not to let her know how bad her manners are. After all, you asked for them back when she was done with them. It's not like you were donating them.