+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 29/5/15Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    I would have lived that as a kid. Actually is still love it!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Mamasupial For This Useful Post:

Nomia  (06-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    We're doing similar except ours will be a trip to the museum. We just can't afford to do both a holiday and presents.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to amyd For This Useful Post:

Nomia  (06-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I don't see a problem with it. We've done it in the past for one of our kid's birthday's...we wrapped up a cheap photo album, a disposable camera and a book on animals. It's been three years and that album still gets a work out.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yep our kids are getting a Gold Coast holiday in feb. Theme parks the lot. They will something small under the tree each but that's it.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to lese82 For This Useful Post:

Nomia  (06-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nomia View Post
    I love Christmas but I'm so sick of buying my kids Christmas presents that get inevitable tossed away hours/days/weeks/months later.

I'm seriously considering surprising them with a flight and day at Taronga zoo instead.

Thoughts?
    We just got back from a weekend away in Sydney, and the Taronga Zoo is just amazing. It's such a fantastic day out, there is the ferry ride over, a cable car ride to the zoo entrance and the zoo itself has the most beautiful backdrops of the harbour. A fantastic idea for a Christmas present!!

(Side note: when my dad asked us what to get us last year, I suggested a family membership to the Melbourne Zoos - we have gotten so much use out of it this year, he was the one that said to me "is it ok if I renew your membership for Christmas this year?")

9. The Following User Says Thank You to mummyChubbles For This Useful Post:

Nomia  (06-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by mummyChubbles View Post
    We just got back from a weekend away in Sydney, and the Taronga Zoo is just amazing. It's such a fantastic day out, there is the ferry ride over, a cable car ride to the zoo entrance and the zoo itself has the most beautiful backdrops of the harbour. A fantastic idea for a Christmas present!!

(Side note: when my dad asked us what to get us last year, I suggested a family membership to the Melbourne Zoos - we have gotten so much use out of it this year, he was the one that said to me "is it ok if I renew your membership for Christmas this year?")
    We went to Taronga Zoo many many years ago when DS was just 1, and he loved it. Unfortunately, you cannot feed the giraffe's on Christmas day which we did last time we were there. DD loves giraffe's, so that makes me a bit sad.

We had considered Melbourne Zoo, we had done Werribee and Healesville very recently, but as DS just went for a school excursion (only 2 weeks ago), we didn't think it was very fair to do that again. We are very much zoo people.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Nomia View Post
    We went to Taronga Zoo many many years ago when DS was just 1, and he loved it. Unfortunately, you cannot feed the giraffe's on Christmas day which we did last time we were there. DD loves giraffe's, so that makes me a bit sad.

We had considered Melbourne Zoo, we had done Werribee and Healesville very recently, but as DS just went for a school excursion (only 2 weeks ago), we didn't think it was very fair to do that again. We are very much zoo people.
    Just a thought - if you really love zoos and you can see your family going to the ones in Melbourne at least 3 times in the next year, consider getting a Zoos Victoria membership. It's free for kids and you just pay for the adults and its unlimited entry. AND - it allows you into Taronga Zoo for free. Taronga Zoo's entry alone is $46 per adult - for 2 adults to go, that pretty much is the cost of one adult's Zoos Victoria membership!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to mummyChubbles For This Useful Post:

Nomia  (06-11-2014)