+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default I don't want to buy Christmas presents this year.

I love Christmas but I'm so sick of buying my kids Christmas presents that get inevitable tossed away hours/days/weeks/months later.

I'm seriously considering surprising them with a flight and day at Taronga zoo instead.

Thoughts?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ending 5/6/2014
    I think thays a great idea! This year my kids are only getting durable outdoor toys and books and clothes. We're considering yearly passes to Dreamworld as well but will depend on finances.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

3. The Following User Says Thank You to peanutmonkey For This Useful Post:

Nomia  (06-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think if you wrap up some big novelty tickets and make it something tangible they can unwrap on Christmas morning then that would be feasible!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to GM01 For This Useful Post:

Nomia  (06-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger
    I think that's a great idea! My boys are getting a cubby house and three little things each for under the tree.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Hamilicious For This Useful Post:

Nomia  (06-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Sounds good
    I was so much happier when I realised that I didn't actually have to buy a heap of new christmas presents like we're "supposed" to, we could celebrate it however we chose!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to deku For This Useful Post:

Nomia  (06-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I think its an excellent idea! We dont give many gifts to the kids at xmas- they get 1 bid thing to share (this year it is a massive trampoline, past years have been jumping castle/waterslide, swing set etc), and 1 or 2 smaller things each like clothes or books. Tbh our kids dont even really do the present thing- they wake up, look to see what presents are for who, we have breakfast and then open gifts and the kids spend the rest of the day running around and playing with family. They get more excitement out of seeing everyone than they do the gifts.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

11. The Following User Says Thank You to SheWarrior For This Useful Post:

Nomia  (06-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    Quote Originally Posted by Nomia View Post
    I love Christmas but I'm so sick of buying my kids Christmas presents that get inevitable tossed away hours/days/weeks/months later.

I'm seriously considering surprising them with a flight and day at Taronga zoo instead.

Thoughts?
    I would buy their favorite animal in a stuff toy or book to wrap up with the announcement that your going to the zoo.

That way they have something under the tree and something to hold and build excitement until you get to go.

I'm imagine them opening a lion with a tag around his neck. So you think I am cool wait to you see me face to face on xyz day.

Edit because my auto correct hates me.
    Last edited by LoveLivesHere; 06-11-2014 at 09:52.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to LoveLivesHere For This Useful Post:

Nomia  (06-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by anewme View Post
    I would buy their favorite animal in a stuff toy or book to wrap up with the announcement that your going to the zoo.

That way they have something under the tree and something to hold and build excitement until you get to go.

I'm angina them open a lion with a tag around his neck. So you think I am cool wait to you see me face to face on xyz day.
    Love this idea!

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Wissa For This Useful Post:

Nomia  (06-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you everyone! I've floated the idea with DP after your responses and he thinks it is a good idea too!

Very much appreciate the responses

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by anewme View Post

I'm imagine them opening a lion with a tag around his neck. So you think I am cool wait to you see me face to face on xyz day.

Edit because my auto correct hates me.
    This is a great idea, I've also been toying with the idea of not telling them exactly where we are going but completing almost like a treasure hunt