+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I would ring boss back and say it's a no go. tell her you can't get care right now as you ''thought'' you were back in Jan.

Thanks
    Reviews
    It has been 12 months on the 17th but we had already discussed me starting in the new year as I didn't see the point in returning for a month just to go on holidays anyway. I said I would think about it as I know it has been 12 months but they are not willing to hold my position much longer as they are temping my position at the moment and it's not working out. I understand it's a very busy environment and they do need someone now and I'm happy to do it but I just wanted atleast a week or two to adjust and organise everything before returning. You are right, there was a huge lack of communication and it back fired on my part as I didn't understand the urgency. I just went to a little play date at the centre and she loved it! Confident and crawling all over the place babbling away with the other babies. She didn't look for me once! I still feel sick about it as I wasn't expecting this at all but I am going to finish early in the first week and then my dh will finish early the following 2 weeks. Her centre and educators are amazing and as I have worked there previously I know she is in good hands and they are loads of fun. Still hurts but I think the first few weeks of short days makes me feel at ease that she's not stuck in there for 8 hours.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Honestly, in most cases, mum has a harder time with the day care drop offs than the infant does! She'll be upset at first because nobody likes change but once she gets used to it, she'll be fine! She'll have lots of fun and be in very good hands, especially if the educators are as amazing as you say - and it'll help you deal if you're confident and comfortable with the level of care she's getting.

It's okay to feel guilty and sad and clingy but think of all the fun she'll be having! (Not too much fun, obviously. Mum is much more fun.)

TheGooch is offline Winner 2014 - Newbie of the Year
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    If you had an agreement, remind them of that.