Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Thank you for all your help ladies. Saving up starts now lol 👍

Me: 32, DH: 34
    DD1: 8, DD2: 6, DD3: brand new 💖

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Mum2b87 View Post
    City select is much heavier and harder to maneuver IMHO. If price isn't an issue I'd rather go something that has resale value and is user friendly
    I haven't found it to be heavy at all. Easy to pack up/lift and steer. I steer it through the shops single handed while drinking a coffee all the time... Have steered it one handed while breastfeeding bub not a problem,.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to VicPark For This Useful Post:

Tinkers  (07-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I LOVE my city select. Got it second hand and it's fantastic. I have tested it out with DS and his cousin and can't fault it. Went through boggy grass, hilly grass, tight corners, on the road and have tested it in a shopping centre.
    I'm finding it hard to fold with my pregnant belly in the way so have gone back to my light 3 wheeler and I hate it. I find it so flimsy compared to the city select now and I was always a big fan of 3 wheeler prams before the city select.
    It definitely is heavy and bulky but thats to be expected I think with a double and it's honestly not too bad. It folds so flat once the seats are off and takes up no more room than my 3 wheeler when folded.
    My SIL has been through her share of doubles and after she used it was jealous and said I probably wouldn't find a better double than the select. I also like that it's not wide which is why I didn't want side by side and both bubs can see when facing out which is what deterred me from striders or Phil and teds.
    You can get relatively cheap ones from the US from reputable sellers too which many mums have raved about on the baby jogger facebook page. Can also pick them up cheap on these pages but I found mine on Gumtree with capsule adaptors for $550. Mine is a 2010 one and is in fantastic condition, a few marks but my prams filthy so not too fussed about that and was more concerned that it was structurally sound which it definitely is after all my tests

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm getting more and more excited about getting one now!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by SunshineMunky View Post
    I'm getting more and more excited about getting one now!!

I got more and more excited while looking too it really is a fantastic pram. DF who thought he would hate it actually likes it too haha. Its surprising once you get it because I saw so many bad reviews among the good and expected this huge, hard to manouver beast that I would be wasting my money on but it's so not.
    I also love that it's a bit heavier, walking for exercise is virtually all I do so pushing 2 kids in a heavier pram has to help with post natal weight loss right? Haha

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    don't mean to crash the thread but with the larger prams and the ladies that walk - how long did your child sit in the pram until?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I will use the cheap strider I bought till I can afford it 😃 sold my phil and teds online today already! 👍

9. The Following User Says Thank You to SunshineMunky For This Useful Post:

Eilonwy  (08-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Minchi View Post
    don't mean to crash the thread but with the larger prams and the ladies that walk - how long did your child sit in the pram until?
    Do you mean to what age or how long they would sit in for a walk?
    My son will happily sit in the pram while I'm walking for an hour or so. Hes a people watcher loves looking at everything go by and then we usually end with a play in the park so he'll crawl around happily after.
    Hes only 1 though. My nieces got over the pram at 2 but will sit in for long walks if asked, just prefer to walk now.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Minchi View Post
    My eldest is 3 and he sits in there for 1-2 hours on end when we go for big walks. He isn't trustworthy when we go out places so I am always strapping him in.

Thanks
    Reviews
    After only deciding a couple of days ago that my phil & teds is just TOO irritating... I sold it and it was picked up today lol. Can't afford my bjcs YET so will pick up my cheap strider I got and see if that lasts me till I can fork out the cash!

I got so much good feedback from u guys!