+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    If you're dead set on the option to have a second seat and prefer tandems I've definitely noticed that the baby jogger city select seems to be the most popular. I can't imagine it being that easy to put up and down but don't know how hard the phil and teds is either. Watch some you tube vids & compare.

Problem with tandems is they can be harder to push though FYI but you can't exactly convert a single to a side by side so I imagine they are out for you.

I know valco prams have a toddler seat that kind of sits suspended on top.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Yes I want one that is not side by side. One where I can use with one seat and add a toddler seat. Is that what u mean?

Me: 32, DH: 34
    DD1: 8, DD2: 6, DD3: brand new ๐Ÿ’–

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I do love my city select too. It's been great for us as a double.

But it's not perfect, it's heavy, and can be a pain to pack away. But I can, when needed, steer it one handed and the basket is a great size. It's an awesome pram.

I still use it now that I have 3 kids, but more often than not I use my city mini great as ds2 doesn't want to sit anymore.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by SunshineMunky View Post
    Yes I want one that is not side by side. One where I can use with one seat and add a toddler seat. Is that what u mean?

Yep. I seriously suggest you have a look at you tube vids for baby jogger city select, mountain buggy + one, valco prams with toddler seat, and bugaboo mono/donkey (that one coverts to side by side though). There is also the strider compact. Compare the folding mechanisms to your phil & teds and see what looks easy to you.

Also check out reviews on productreview.com.au

Thanks
    Reviews
    Another thing to think of - weight limits. I've got the mountain buggy duet only supports about 18kg I think if you want the pram to last longer you may want a bigger weight limit. I never thought of that...

But bear in mind that means a bigger, more heavy duty pram a lot of the time.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes good points! I've been hearing lots about the city select and it seems like all good feedback

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have a donkey and I love it!!

Great to be able to convert easily from single to double, seats can face you, face out or one facing in one facing out.

Basket underneath is spacious and in single mode the side basket is amazing. Love single mode just so I can use the side basket.

Easy to steer and not as wide as it looks. In double mode can get through normal size doorways so no more difficult in shops than a single pram.

Always getting stopped while out and asked about it, they are great.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to 2giraffes For This Useful Post:

Eilonwy  (06-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Another city select owner here, it is a little heavy but otherwise it's been brilliant with the two kids. I do a heap of walking (almost everyday I take the kids down to the local shops or park) so over the last 4 years it's taken a beating and has held up very well. The air filled tyres have never needed pumping up. The basket size is very handy (well for me anyway) as you can fit a nappy bag, handbag, and shopping in it all at once. The seats allow both children to have an unobstructed view, whereas most toddler seats on other prams mean the kid at the back can only see a seat in front of him/her. I find it easy to assemble, though it's definitely not as easy as a GT which just has the pull handle. As I said though I do a lot of walking with two kids in the pram, and have a smaller age gap so they both need to be in there. If you had a larger age gap or were only planning on doing quick trips around the shopping centre then you might find the GT fits your needs better than the select.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Bugaboo donkey hands down

Thanks
    Reviews
    I love all this feedback!!! The donkey can it be used in single mode?

I'm very keen on a city select now!