+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default THE best pram?!? What do u think?

Hi there. I currently have a phil & teds explorer and previously had a classic (which I loved!). I find the explorer hard to fold and awkward to put in car and put up etc. so I'm now thinking I'm going to take price totally out of the question and ask what is the best?!? Ideally I want one that had capacity for two kids as we 'may' have another. Please help! Lol I just want something that ticks the boxes and doesn't make me cringe everytime I awkwardly put it up or down

Me: 32, DH: 34
    DD1: 8, DD2: 6, DD3: brand new 💖

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ive just got a city select. Havnt used it yet as I had a csection just recently. I needed it for 2 kids, newborn and 2 yr old. Ive spent yonks looking at different options and though this isnt perfect it was definately the best.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Nope. No pram ticks all the boxes! And it depends what matters most to you. For me I walk a lot, so good sunshade and a lot of storage. And being able to get out the front door with the kids in the pram.

If you drive all the time then it's something light, that folds easily and doesn't take up too much boot space.

But it's all personal opinion and NO one pram fits all!

Unless you plan to have your kids close together in age, don't worry about accommodating a second seat. Once they are about 3 they aren't going in the pram much and if you only use the pram when you're driving places it's even less.

Unfortunately I didn't think about that even though I wanted 2 under 2 so I should have got a pram that can be converted! I have spent way too much money already...

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Eilonwy For This Useful Post:

Mummy5ormore  (06-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I just bought the City Mini GT. I did have a Beema Q (the typres kept deflating after 6 years of use and I gave up), and boy the GT is light and easy to fold. You just pull the handle in the centre of the pram and voila! I walk DS to school and back, so it was definitely worth the investment and no air tyres! They have foam inside so they don't deflate.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Does that one go to double? As yes will prob have a two year gap so need a double one.

I like walking with my phil and teds but its so awkward to get up and down 👎 my husband is not a fan and neither am I now.

So needs to be a good walking pram but also easy to get up/down and add a double seat

Thanks
    Reviews
    I loooove my city mini GT, light, compact, easy to fold, lovely to walk with. For a serious double pram if i end up with two under 2 for example I think I would go bugaboo donkey. I agree with PP, there is no one "best" pram, just the one that ticks the majority of the boxes for you. I found reading lots of online reviews gave me a good insight into which to avoid and which to look at.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Adoralicious For This Useful Post:

Eilonwy  (06-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    City mini doesn't go double

Thanks
    Reviews
    I thought I was fine as my previous phil and teds I loved. Both in single mode and double mode. But my new one I just find myself getting irritated with and dred putting it up or down 😡

Are bugaboo prams worth the money invested?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Adoralicious View Post
    City mini doesn't go double
    it does but side by side.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm thinking I want to take price out of the question and get the best for me and what I want. These ideas and recommendations are great! Keep em coming!