+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Party of Three View Post
    I get up and move if a smoker sits next to me at uni in a lecture. The smell makes me feel sick (not asthma, just headache and nausea). I find the the smell of cigarettes on clothes really offensive. It's worse when they've obviously tried to cover the smell up with perfume or deodorant. I'm not deliberately trying to be rude, but if someone had really bad BO, or were farting next to you non stop would you just deal with it, or would you remove yourself from the environment?
    This. Except if someone was farting next to me I would probably fart back at them.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    No smoking anywhere near this house and it's not even ours imagine when we buy🙉 but I do have an empty formula tin way out front that smokers must use as I don't want butts flicked around either DD would probably eat them!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/9/2014Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/7/2014200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Mama Mirabelle View Post
    DH and I have a lot of friends who smoke, when they come over they excuse themselves and go have a smoke on the patio.

We're about to move into our new house that we're building and I'd like to have a no smoking policy, not even in the backyard. I hate the smell, when friends are here smoking I have to close all the windows so the smell doesn't get in, and I hate the thought of the second hand smoke settling into DDs play equipment out there. I'm thinking if they need to smoke they could go out to the front near the street.

Is this reasonable? Has anyone ever told their friends they couldn't smoke at all at your home? DH actually agrees with me but we both don't really know how to got about it without being rude, any suggestions?

I just wanted to add I'm not as awful a friend as I sound, I really love all our friends and love having them over, I don't want to make them feel unwelcome, I just can't stand the smell and I'd really rather not have second hand smoke anywhere in our new place.
    If I knew anyone who smoked this would totally be my policy.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/9/2014Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/7/2014200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by VicPark View Post
    This. Except if someone was farting next to me I would probably fart back at them.
    Or you could just light a match

5. The Following User Says Thank You to ScubaGal For This Useful Post:

VicPark  (06-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    My idiot BIL leaves his son who has severe asthma at his MIL house to go away with his wife all the time, her mum and family members smoke inside around him it's a small closed in unit, he gets severely sick and even went hospital a few times after being there once my MIL marched herself over there and took him and told them he's staying with her for the rest of the week till his parents get back, she told me he lay limp on the couch for several days having coughing attacks how dumb are ppl. Inside? Around a boy with asthma

Witwicky is offline A closed mouth gathers no foot.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I'm fine with people smoking on the deck, but most choose to go outside.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Party of Three View Post
    I get up and move if a smoker sits next to me at uni in a lecture. The smell makes me feel sick (not asthma, just headache and nausea). I find the the smell of cigarettes on clothes really offensive. It's worse when they've obviously tried to cover the smell up with perfume or deodorant. I'm not deliberately trying to be rude, but if someone had really bad BO, or were farting next to you non stop would you just deal with it, or would you remove yourself from the environment?
    Maybe the odd smokers I've had in my home are not heavy ones and I really can't smell anything too offensive on them. I know what you mean though, I've smelled plenty of people when I'm out and about that absolutely reek of ashtray. They smell like they've sat in a closed room and smoked a whole packet and not changed their clothes or anything. I have encountered that and it's awful. Luckily I don't actually know anyone that bad.

Having said that, I find people who wear too much perfume or aftershave sickening. I feel nausea and gets headaches from that if it is too heavy and let me tell you, there are plenty of people who think the more, the better.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Mummy5ormore View Post
    My idiot BIL leaves his son who has severe asthma at his MIL house to go away with his wife all the time, her mum and family members smoke inside around him it's a small closed in unit, he gets severely sick and even went hospital a few times after being there once my MIL marched herself over there and took him and told them he's staying with her for the rest of the week till his parents get back, she told me he lay limp on the couch for several days having coughing attacks how dumb are ppl. Inside? Around a boy with asthma
    That's just selfish stupidity. People are such idiotic creatures. I would never allow smoking around my child, let alone if he had asthma.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Have you given them a piece of your mind? I couldn't keep quiet on that one!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    That's called neglect.