+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    We have a newly built home and ppl always go outside however the next day we'd be outside and my son nearly2 (who has been intrigued by smoking since 1) picks up the buds puts it between his fingers and pretends to smoke it, I get annoyed as we don't smoke and my husband quit b4 kids as not to expose or influence them and I don't want other peoples germs in his mouth. I need to buy an ashtray.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    We are smokers (although quitting), but when we are at other peoples houses I go stand out the front near the street anyway (or where ever they say is suitable) or I just dont smoke while we were there. Its not hard to respect other people and their homes. If you want to make it a no smoking policy, then people have to respect that, its your house!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

3. The Following User Says Thank You to SheWarrior For This Useful Post:

DizzyDaisy  (06-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    We do. Only my step dad smokes occasionally so he goes all the way out the front. We've had parties before and social smokers come out and they go out the front as well

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Mummy5ormore View Post
    We have a newly built home and ppl always go outside however the next day we'd be outside and my son nearly2 (who has been intrigued by smoking since 1) picks up the buds puts it between his fingers and pretends to smoke it, I get annoyed as we don't smoke and my husband quit b4 kids as not to expose or influence them and I don't want other peoples germs in his mouth. I need to buy an ashtray.
    Im a smoker, however I don't believe you need to buy an astray! I think its quite rude and disrespectful that someone would leave their cigarette butts laying around in your yard. Put it out and put the butt in the outside bin or don't smoke!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using The Bub Hub mobile app

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to DizzyDaisy For This Useful Post:

BettyW  (06-11-2014),dancingchipmunk  (06-11-2014),Jodes35  (06-11-2014),TheGooch  (06-11-2014),Tildy  (06-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Truffle View Post
    I cannot bear the smell of smokers either. I don't have any friends that smoke but if I did I would ask them to leave. They might smoke outside if requested but don't forget second hand smoke lingers on their clothes. Second hand smoke can also affect children in terms of asthma and brochiolitis so very hard line here.
    😮 you would actually ask a smoker to leave because it's lingering on their clothing? I mean, your house and your rules but I find that a bit OTT IMO.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to HeavenBlue For This Useful Post:

DizzyDaisy  (06-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Mummy5ormore View Post
    Or your friends could pick up the butts and put them in the bin!!! Sorry, but that is my pet hate - smokers who simple stub out and leave the butts wherever they feel like it.

OP, we have a no smoking policy - I have asthma so I've always been hardcore about being exposed to secondhand smoke. My mum is the only person we know who smokes but she's happy to step out to the footpath when she does it.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Cat74 For This Useful Post:

TheGooch  (06-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by AMC14 View Post
    Im a smoker, however I don't believe you need to buy an astray! I think its quite rude and disrespectful that someone would leave their cigarette butts laying around in your yard. Put it out and put the butt in the outside bin or don't smoke!

I agree they are normally DH friends and it's when their hanging out so I don't see them doing it I think even if I did I probably couldn't bring myself to say something, I just find them the next day wish people would be considerate on their own

Thanks
    Reviews
    I definitely think I should introduce the same to my house. I have a lot of pets in both the front and back yards so I am concerned for them as well as for the kids. Not to mention, though my sister always has the courtesy of disposing of her cigarette butts, my FIL just drops them wherever he happens to be and 17mnth old DD has already picked up a fair few. It's so wrong.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by AMC14 View Post

Totally agree!!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

14. The Following User Says Thank You to SheWarrior For This Useful Post:

DizzyDaisy  (06-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    No, I don't allow smoking in my home. I remember sitting behind my dad in the family car with smoke blowing back in my face and a random flick of ash (not on purpose). And I wouldn't do that to my kids even though I grew accustomed to the smell. In a social environment, I really don't care just not around my kids.

Today I actually saw a childcare worker (near centre with coloured shirt) crouching behind some bushes smoking on our way to school. Still don't know whether to call up or just let it go.
    Last edited by Nomia; 06-11-2014 at 10:12.