+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    We have a child visitor (aged about 10) usually with his grandparents/parents who comes in without saying hello or bothering to be polite and proceeds to go through our things (office drawers, files/bills, fridge, kids cupboards). It drives me insane! The worst thing is, I get treated like the rude one when I ask what he is up to.
    I also have another friend who has grabbed my dishcloth to wipe her kids' faces before. That one was a bit much for me, yuck! I have washers and baby wipes in my kitchen for that.

Sent from my iPhone using Bub Hub app

Thanks
    Reviews
    My husband's old friend used to come around our home and leave a whole heap of dandruff on our lounge

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Washing hands in the kitchen sink after changing a dirty nappy.

Use the bathroom far out!

Thanks
    Reviews
    People come in stinking of smoke
    Wearing shoes indoors
    Leaving toilet seat up
    Burping and not excusing themselves (this drives me mental)
    Not controlling their kids - or making excuses as to why their kids are being bratty but doing nothing to stop it - grrrrrr (luckily I don't really see the person who always did this anymore!)
    Changing their kids nappy on my playmat/sofa (again, not someone I see anymore! I don't care what you do in your house but your kids poo and wee stays off my floors and chairs!)
    Asking how my DD is doing developmentally and then listing all the things that their kid can do better (once again same person as above!)
    Last edited by LaDiDah; 06-11-2014 at 14:19.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    My FIL doesn't wash his hands after he toilets, or pretty much ever. 'Nuff said.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I hate when people let their kids make a mess or break things in my house. I can't relax when people with kids come over so I prefer to meet at a park or a cafe.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by BigRedV View Post
    People who stay for too long. Like when you're about to cook dinner etc.
    This!!! Had a male colleague of DH over and it got to dinner time. Was trying to feed two kids and eat ourselves and he still stood there trying to chat. Seriously?!!

When my parents come to stay my step dad has this habit of standing in the kitchen getting in the way while I'm trying to cook. And he tries to host people in my house like it's his place. And he gets up multiple times a night to use the toilet, waking us up and then I'm worrying about the kids waking. Also makes the toilet stinky and takes the longest showers! Ok I should stop moaning, he's actually a lovely guy but he drives me insane after weeks on end staying with us!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    My MIL would come around of a morning to take my daughter to school. I would shut my bedroom door and without fail, she would go in and make my effing bed!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by butterfly81 View Post
    My husband's old friend used to come around our home and leave a whole heap of dandruff on our lounge

lol omg YUCKKKKKKKKKKKK feel like vomiting. bahahaha.

Thanks
    Reviews
    -People who stick their hands in my bird's cage. What the hell?? That's his safe space, stop tormenting the poor thing!

-People who smoke RIGHT OUTSIDE my screen door. Please move further out the back, there's plenty of space.

-A couple of friends who will bring over a hookah, set it up and start smoking without even asking.

-12 year old relative who will pick up/go through everything. Will see something she wants and ask for it (food, book, whatever... "can I have that?").

With regard to people staying too long... My FIL is perplexed by the parents of one daughter's friend. They will turn up to pick her up, then they'll just stay. They'll hang around while they can see that you're preparing dinner... they'll even stay while you start serving dinner. If you don't invite them to sit down, they'll hang around and keep talking while you eat dinner. It's bizarre.