+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast
Results 111 to 120 of 122
  1. #111
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    37
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked
    46
    Reviews
    0
    I hate when ppl dig into the margarine, I like it smooth!

    I also hate when ppl use the microwave & stop it before the timer finishes so the remaining time stays there.

    My other pet hate is when my friend comes over & every time she has to comment on what she can smell eg It's really musty in here, Something smells mouldy

  2. #112
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Perth
    Posts
    8,544
    Thanks
    1,351
    Thanked
    2,307
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I don't think I'm going to visit anyone anymore.

    I might need to poo, wear my shoes inside, stay too long, make my own cup of tea, be too noisy, my kids might be annoying, dig into the margarine, use someone's shampoo or conditioner, do the dishes, not do the dishes, put my used towels in the bath, not put my used towels in the bath, put the toilet seat up, not put the toilet seat up.....

    I need a scotch...

  3. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to sunnyflower For This Useful Post:

    ABigDeepBreath  (08-11-2014),BettyW  (10-11-2014),CompareTheMeerkat  (09-11-2014),Full House  (10-11-2014),jb23  (09-11-2014),KitiK  (09-11-2014),MissMuppet  (11-11-2014),MonsterMummy  (09-11-2014),MsViking  (09-11-2014),Phony  (09-11-2014),SheWarrior  (09-11-2014),Starfish30  (09-11-2014),TheGooch  (09-11-2014),wigglepuss  (09-11-2014)

  4. #113
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    480
    Thanks
    308
    Thanked
    578
    Reviews
    0
    stirring my cats up. drives me absolutely insane

  5. #114
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    615
    Thanks
    200
    Thanked
    299
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I had a friend who decided Rocking up unannounced 2 hours after i got home from hospital with my newborn, waking not just us up when we'd only just managed to doze off after being awake for 50+ hours but also waking newborn up for cuddles then refusing to hand her over to the grandparents, aunt and uncle who hadnt met her yet even though friend had held her for the past 2 hours. Oh and then despite my going back to bed for a nap hanging around for another 4 hours. Did i mention she had her son with her who was so bored he tore up our house, pulled down our curtains, let my dog out, tormented the cats and started running while screaming through my house. His mother sat watching and laughing.

    Needless to say she and he are no longer welcome here. Although i had to padlock my front gate to get that point across.

  6. #115
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    4,103
    Thanks
    3,366
    Thanked
    1,967
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Jmeleem View Post
    I had a friend who decided Rocking up unannounced 2 hours after i got home from hospital with my newborn, waking not just us up when we'd only just managed to doze off after being awake for 50+ hours but also waking newborn up for cuddles then refusing to hand her over to the grandparents, aunt and uncle who hadnt met her yet even though friend had held her for the past 2 hours. Oh and then despite my going back to bed for a nap hanging around for another 4 hours. Did i mention she had her son with her who was so bored he tore up our house, pulled down our curtains, let my dog out, tormented the cats and started running while screaming through my house. His mother sat watching and laughing.

    Needless to say she and he are no longer welcome here. Although i had to padlock my front gate to get that point across.
    😱😱😱😱

  7. #116
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    37
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked
    46
    Reviews
    0
    Another annoying habit is when ppl compare my stuff to theirs, like "oh look at your oven, we have a bigger oven" and "you got a new vacuum, cool. It's not as good as the dyson. We're getting a new dyson"

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to PrincesSmelanie For This Useful Post:

    MissMuppet  (11-11-2014)

  9. #117
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    1,336
    Thanks
    84
    Thanked
    578
    Reviews
    2
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PrincesSmelanie View Post
    Another annoying habit is when ppl compare my stuff to theirs, like "oh look at your oven, we have a bigger oven" and "you got a new vacuum, cool. It's not as good as the dyson. We're getting a new dyson"
    Oh yes! We have a friend kids who does that, but it's very much learnt from his father who compares everything we have.

  10. #118
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    11,303
    Thanks
    2,803
    Thanked
    3,075
    Reviews
    14
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by sunnyflower View Post
    I don't think I'm going to visit anyone anymore.

    I might need to poo, wear my shoes inside, stay too long, make my own cup of tea, be too noisy, my kids might be annoying, dig into the margarine, use someone's shampoo or conditioner, do the dishes, not do the dishes, put my used towels in the bath, not put my used towels in the bath, put the toilet seat up, not put the toilet seat up.....

    I need a scotch...
    If only the 'annoying' visitors would do the same.

  11. #119
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    2,878
    Thanks
    1,658
    Thanked
    2,124
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PrincesSmelanie View Post
    Another annoying habit is when ppl compare my stuff to theirs, like "oh look at your oven, we have a bigger oven" and "you got a new vacuum, cool. It's not as good as the dyson. We're getting a new dyson"
    We have the opposite. The relative's 12...but she gets it from her mum who does the same thing.
    "Oh wow, how did you afford THAT?" "You have SO much food in your fridge!" "You have X? We NEVER get X, it's too expensive" "How did you get so much technology?" "Why do you even HAVE a console if you don't use it? I'D use it!"
    etc. etc. etc.

    ETA: Particularly annoying because, up until a week or two ago, they had a higher income than us...just spent it on different priorities and then complained about not having what we had.
    Last edited by Renn; 10-11-2014 at 12:49.

  12. The Following User Says Thank You to Renn For This Useful Post:

    MissMuppet  (11-11-2014)

  13. #120
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    in a wormhole
    Posts
    2,770
    Thanks
    4,604
    Thanked
    2,813
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I was going to say that I don't normally get annoyed by visitors behaviour because the only people who visit are people I love - close friends/family. And then I had a couple of people who invited themselves over and all that went out the window.

    Turns out I do have a pet peeve with visitors - It gets my back up when someone invites themselves over and then criticises and judges our house/family, even if its just snide comments. Things like, 'oh wow, do you let your kids have treats every day?' because I offered chocolate cake to my guests. And 'I wish we had a Wii, you guys are so spoilt.' And the good old, 'oh my gosh your room is so messy!!' to my kids (well it might not have been so messy if we'd known you were coming and had time to tidy up).

    If you visit me and are polite and friendly then I don't care if you leave the toilet seat up/down whatever. Those things don't bother me. Insulting me and my family, even by insinuation and making us feel like we don't measure up in our home is where I draw the line.

  14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MissMuppet For This Useful Post:

    HeavenBlue  (11-11-2014),Starfish30  (11-11-2014)


 

Similar Threads

  1. New baby. In vaccinated visitors
    By Vanessalr89 in forum Pregnancy & Birth General Chat
    Replies: 37
    Last Post: 22-04-2014, 08:34
  2. No Visitors at Hospital - EVEN Family
    By Wishnhope in forum Pregnancy & Birth General Chat
    Replies: 35
    Last Post: 02-03-2014, 20:43
  3. How do I say I don't want visitors straight after CS?
    By Ashfirst in forum General Parenting Tips, Advice & Chat
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 06-02-2014, 11:09

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
free weekly newsletters | sign up now!
who are these people who write great posts? meet our hubbub authors!
Learn how you can contribute to the hubbub!

reviews
learn how you can become a reviewer!

competitions

forum - chatting now
sales & new stuffsee all
Bub Hub Sales Listing
HAVING A SALE? Let parents know about it with a Bub Hub Sales listing. Listings are featured on our well trafficked Sales Page + selected randomly to appear on EVERY page
featured supporter
Little Rugby NSW
Catch, weave, chase, run, but most of all have FUN! Little Rugby runs a NSW network of fun, safe and non-contact footy classes for BOYS and GIRLS aged 2yrs – 7th birthday.
gotcha
X

Pregnant for the first-time?

Not sure where to start? We can help!

Our Insider Programs for pregnancy first-timers will lead you step-by-step through the 14 Pregnancy Must Dos!