+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Can I ask a question...
    For those who do a quick mop/vacuum daily what mops and vacuums are you using? I've got a mop and bucket that are a pain to get out daily and a vacuum that is big and bulky. I would love to be able to a quick mop every day...any suggestions?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I vacuum a few times a day with a cordless dyson.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to TeBe For This Useful Post:

moosey  (06-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    My DH works away, 2 weeks on 1 week off. I clean the house a few days before he comes home each time. I stack the dishwasher every few days when I'm here on my own, every day when he is home.

If he was in Perth full time I'd clean fortnightly. Probably. If there was absolutely nothing better to do. Our house is really quite tidy, but cleaning isn't very high on my priority list.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I vacuum kitchen and living areas every day, do a thorough vacuum of the house maybe once every two weeks. We have wooden floors so they aren't too bad in the bedrooms etc.
    Dishes and kitchen cleaned both morning before leaving for work and then after dinner. I spot clean the kitchen floor and wipe all surfaces clean. Bathroom surfaces wiped down and the toilet and toilet floor will get a wipe down most days.
    I'll make the bed and tidy our rooms most days before leaving for work too.
    Most days or at least every other day I'll be doing washing of some type! Usually change out hand towels and bath mats every 2 or 3 days.
    Generally I find keeping on top of it like this means I only find myself doing a deep clean maybe every 2-3 weeks on a Saturday. I'll dust, clean window sills and maybe vacuum out cobwebs.
    I wash sheets and pillow cases every 2 weeks on our bed, sometimes will stretch out to every 3 weeks for DS' bed. Doona covers I might do every few months, don't really see the point of doing them more than that!
    We do outside garden etc before inspections but don't wash windows. Guess when we eventually move out will do then!
    Fridge I'm a bit slack with, will clear old stuff weekly and give a wipe down every now and then. Microwave I like to keep wiped clean.
    Cleaning is never ending!! For me I need to do bits every day or it just gets messy so quickly. Then I get stressed and overwhelmed!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Suddenly feeling a bit lazy and grotty!

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to azelqra For This Useful Post:

Bonnie19  (07-11-2014),Little Miss Sunshine  (06-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by btmac View Post
    @moosey I use a dyson stick vacuum. It's really powerful and I can actually do the whole downstairs thoroughly on a single charge of I want.

For mopping I use the enjo floor tool. So again super easy to whip out and do a quick clean up.
    I second the Dyson stick vacuum. Not cheap but holds it's charge and is very strong. My sister used it a couple times and is begging me to get her one for Christmas.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to mummymaybe For This Useful Post:

moosey  (06-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Clean and vacuum downstairs areas daily, often use the stick vacuum many times through the day downstairs.
    Downstairs toilet is cleaned daily as is the vanity & mirror.
    General tidy daily.
    Upstairs big clean weekly.
    All bedding is washed and changed weekly.
    Big jobs like cleaning sliding doors, windows, skirtings etc I do whenever I see the need and have time, prob each fortnight - monthly.
    I have a cleaner who come weekly and does the upstairs bathrooms and ensuite.
    Fridge I clean out weekly and give a quick wipe over before the next weeks worth of groceries are delivered. I can't stand smelly fridges lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Love this post! But I'm a very unworthy poster at the moment.

How often do I clean? Nowhere near enough at the moment, but that has a lot to do with my newborn and toddler!

At the moment, we all have good, healthful meals to eat, people have clean clothes to wear and relatively clean sheets to sleep in (changed every fortnight I'd say). Other things get down sporadically but the above are the staples at the moment. Soon I will be able to return to what was I hope!!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Lissy12 For This Useful Post:

Little Miss Sunshine  (06-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Tidy & vacuum living area daily - some times vac twice a day. We have a dyson animal stick - it's amazing!

Sweep and steam mop stairs once a week.

Clean kitchen daily - dishes, benches, sweep etc. I steam mop kitchen a couple times a week - more if DH is cooking. Fridge is done every couple of months.

Bathroom once a week - steam mop, mirrors, shower etc. Toilets are done every other day. I also use blue loo type stuff in the cistern.

Courtyard/outside - when DH does it in winter and summer each week because we live outside.

Windows, window tracks etc - about once every 3 months.

Bedrooms - sheets etc every couple of weeks, quilts every 3 months, vacuum once a week.

Laundry - every day! Never ends

Thanks
    Reviews
    This thread confirms to me that I need a cleaner...