+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default How often do you clean?

How often do you clean your house?
    I clean the toilets once a week, shower probably once a month.
    I wash dishes daily but a thorough clean of the fridge and cupboards probably twice a year!
    Carpets and floors when ever it needs a clean, change bed sheets and beddings monthly.
    Window sills....probably once a year.
    Outside the house, haven't cleaned it since we moved in 4 years ago.
    Everything else gets a wipe down weekly or fortnightly.
    Toys......only once in the last 4 years!

I know I don't clean enough, but I don't know where to find the time to clean more
    I work pretty much full time from home with 2 kids under 3.5 both full time at home and 33 weeks pregnant and hubby is working at our shop 7 days a week at the moment.
    Thinking about hiring a cleaner but I don't know if there's a point since I will definitely be cleaning for the cleaner.

Anyone else?
    Last edited by tubster; 05-11-2014 at 22:10.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I have a cleaner that comes once a fortnight and just does a big clean of the floors, bathrooms and kitchen - I tidy up and do quick mops every day or so if needed and I have to have a clean kitchen before I go to bed - DH does outside every few weeks as we are out there all the time and I should clean my fridge more than I do!

Thanks
    Reviews
    How often do you clean your house? daily
    toilet? gets a rough swish over daily but a proper deep clean about once a fortnight,
    shower? when I can see its dirty
    I wash dishes daily |
    clean of the fridge and cupboards fridge weekly, cupboards as needed
    Carpets and floors when ever it needs a clean
    change bed sheets and beddings weekly or as needed
    Window seals....when I move lol
    Outside the house, haven't cleaned ever
    Everything else gets a wipe down weekly or fortnightly.
    Toys? never unless I can see theyre dirty

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    General tidy (wipe kitchen benches, dishes, tidy toys away, washing etc) everyday

Vacuum tiled areas every couple of days- once a week depending on how bad the floors are

Proper clean (vacuum tiled areas plus bedrooms, mop, clean toilets and bathrooms, mow yard etc) once a week usually a Saturday or sunday.

Wash sheets every fortnight (more if kids have wet the beds), or the day dh gets home on his days off so he has nice clean sheets. Which sometimes can be 4+ weeks

Pantry I think I have cleaned once in 2 years.

Fridge gets a semi clean once a month when I do groceries (by semi clean I mean I actually just take out all the empty packets and cartons because I cant fit the new stuff in lol). It might get properly cleaned onxe or twice a year if dh does it because I just wont.

Things like windows, window sills, outside of the house etc... never. Unless we are moving out and then I pay someone.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app
    Last edited by SheWarrior; 05-11-2014 at 17:54.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I do a big proper clean once a week although sometimes that's negotiable

I vaccum every day (I have a stick vaccum I whizz over the floors).

A general tidy gets done every day so that's the toys and anything that's out of place thanks to kids.

Dishes get done every day.

Washing gets done every day.

Bathroom/toilet gets done with the big clean once a week along with a proper vaccum and mop.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I clean daily to some extent, sweep the floor, clean bench tops, do the dishes numerous times a day, washing done daily. I clean the fridge and kitchen cupboards out when I am packing the fortnightly shopping away, can't stand clutter in the cupboards or fridge. Toilet, bathroom, laundry get cleaned weekly by hubby. Bed linen washed and beds freshly made fortnightly.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ending 5/6/2014
    Every day.

I have a schedule so one day its all the sheets and towels washed, one day its bathrooms, then vacuuming and mopping day etc. Walls, windows, fans etc get washed once a month.

I also have a robot vacuum that cleans the floor every night.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    When it's absolutely necessary or bugs me enough that I have to do it. I'm not a scheduled person, I hate being constricted to clean things once a day/ week/ month. Finishing off my degree is my priority right now, not cleaning.

That being said, my house is not filthy or dirty. My fridge is clean, my floors are vacuumed and my kids have clean clothes hung up. My car needs to be vacuumed and the lawn mowed but I'll get to that soon.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Op you clean more often than me!

Sent from my SM-N9005 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    How often do you clean your house?
    Bathroom weekly - toilet more if it needs it.
    Dishes twice a day in dishwasher, fridge weekly, cupboards yearly (pantry cupboard gets done 2-3 times a year).
    Floors daily. Sheets weekly.
    Window sills I do weekly. We have old style windows so no seals as such.
    Sweep the verandah weekly, sweep concrete every couple of months...wash the house...never.