+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by VicPark View Post
    What, outbreaks in second and third world countries don't matter?
    No but people in second and third world countries usually have real issues to bother them.

This just reaks of being a first world problem.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Colbie View Post
    I asked in the last thread and was ignored so I'll ask again. What exactly do you think your children can 'catch' from shoes?
    Meningitis and diarreah!
    http://mobile.reuters.com/article/id...80422?irpc=932

harvs is offline Winner 2014 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 2/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/3/15Busiest Member of the Week200 Posts in a week
    As a general rule, I think your house, your rules. But I don't have one iota of concern over germs and floors. Germs are fricken everywhere - if I let myself worry about stuff like that I'd end up bat$hit crazy.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by VicPark View Post
    But don't you think the same nasties can come from people's hands (and it doesn't have to be not washing hands in public toilets, just touching stuff while out), from them coughing. Some people may go bare foot in their own homes and have microscopic poo and wee particles on their feet, then track it through your house

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Quote Originally Posted by harvs View Post
    As a general rule, I think your house, your rules. But I don't have one iota of concern over germs and floors. Germs are fricken everywhere - if I let myself worry about stuff like that I'd end up bat$hit crazy.
    I agree. If I am asked I take off my shoes (but keep a close eye on them) but I've never been asked. Nor does anyone I know require it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Liddybugs View Post
    Attachment 62862
    Could you offer guests something like this?

Believe it or not this was actually up for sale on my local Buy, Swap, Sell facebook page.
    So it's an achievable option, she only wanted $15 for it too.
    .....is that a whole body condom? Safe s.ex!!!

Personally, I am a shoes off person, but if people come into my house and still have theirs on I won't tell them off.

Best way to fix your issue? Wrap the crawling babe in cotton wool and glad wrap.

harvs is offline Winner 2014 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 2/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/3/15Busiest Member of the Week200 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonja View Post
    I agree. If I am asked I take off my shoes (but keep a close eye on them) but I've never been asked. Nor does anyone I know require it.
    Ok this is a whole spin off thread on its own but why do you keep a close eye on them?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that mobile phones have more bacteria on them than a toilet seat.

Quick, get the antibacterial wipes out!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Quote Originally Posted by harvs View Post
    Ok this is a whole spin off thread on its own but why do you keep a close eye on them?
    Because I spend a lot of money on my shoes and if we're at a place where there are heaps of people I don't want anyone accidnetly leaving with them. Or someone's kid playing with them. I love my shoes.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sonja For This Useful Post:

harvs  (05-11-2014),MonsterMummy  (05-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Oh this is ridiculous but entertaining. If you don't want people wearing shoes in your house, tell them they have to take them off. Kids will be exposed to germs no matter what you do. Are they not allowed to play at the park because other kids are wearing shoes that have touched a toilet floor and then walked on the equipment? I don't think removing shoes will affect a child's health but if you're not comfortable with it, just make your house a shoes off house. It doesn't need to be an issue.

Sent from my SM-G900F using The Bub Hub mobile app