+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by VicPark View Post
    Why would anyone nick your shoes? And what damage could a kid do?
    I once went to a function where shoes were removed at hosts request. We were the last to leave and my Vanentino shoes were gone but left in there place was a different pair of shoes same size but totally different colour style and brand.

There was only about 50 women there all well known to the host and the shoes never came back. The host felt terrible and offered many times to replace them. She has hosted parties since and there is never a request to remove shoes.

harvs is offline Winner 2014 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 2/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/3/15Busiest Member of the Week200 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by VicPark View Post
    Why would anyone nick your shoes? And what damage could a kid do?
    Well if it was my kid he'd pick one up and walk around pretending it's a phone and then you wouldn't be able to find it for a month if my air con remote is anything to go by.

Then you'd finally crack and buy a replacement on eBay only for him to stroll out with it again five minutes later. @Sonja is a busy lady - she can't wait a month to get her shoe back :-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by brooketobub View Post
    Its not always about germs! Your house your rules!
    I see it completely opposite. My house but I want my guests to feel comfortable. So I leave it up to them.

And I have carpets and floorboards. Trust me once you have 4 kids one person's shoes walking straight into the house to sit down and then back again does nothing compared to that!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Sonja For This Useful Post:

peanutmonkey  (06-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    I also had a dog that ate shoes. So I never leave mine around or by the front door.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Sonja For This Useful Post:

peanutmonkey  (06-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I have issues with shoes inside too even without a crawling baby. I have a friend who always wears her shoes inside and lets her kids do it too. I don't make my adult friend take her shoes off but I always make her kids take them off because too many times I've found them standing on the pillow on my kids bed and sorry but that's disgusting.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Once we ate at Zagames (for a birthday party) and they have an indoor play area that requires children to keep their shoes ON...EWWW!
    I made sure my kids washed their hands really well after playing there.
    Also after playing at those play centers where you take shoes off, I change their socks as soon as we get home.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by 2BlueBirds View Post
    Once we ate at Zagames (for a birthday party) and they have an indoor play area that requires children to keep their shoes ON...EWWW!
    Also after playing at those play centers where you take shoes off, I change their socks as soon as we get home.
    Shoes would be the last of my worries at play centres - the snot , saliva , poo and urine worry me more! I feel like hosing DS down with hot water and disinfectant after visiting those places!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Elijahs Mum For This Useful Post:

MonsterMummy  (06-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Shoes on at a play centre in a restaurant would be essential for health and safety. They are revolting places.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonja View Post
    Shoes on at a play centre in a restaurant would be essential for health and safety. They are revolting places.
    Wouldn't just socks be more "hygienic"?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Wouldn't just socks be more "hygienic"?
    Not really. Wouldn't save a kid from broken glass which you might get in a restaurant.

I think you'll find it's a WHS issue.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sonja For This Useful Post:

2BlueBirds  (06-11-2014),LaDiDah  (06-11-2014)