+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Thanks everyone, I am super relieved to know that I'm freaking out over nothing!

{{DS ~ 5 months ~ Batman}}
    {{Furbaby ~ 2 years ~ Bellatrix}}

2. The Following User Says Thank You to BatmansMama For This Useful Post:

dancingchipmunk  (05-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ending 5/6/2014
    None of my boys sat before they rolled! Granted I had very early rollers bur still, sounds like he is doing wonderfully

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Developmentally, most babies roll before they sit. I'm in qld and at our child health checks rolling is what they look for at 6 months and sitting at 9 months. Sounds like your little guy is on track!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger
    I couldn't read and not reply. You're practically describing my DS2 at the same age. He was little but ate well, slept 12 hours at night and was perfectly happy.

He did roll but wasn't anywhere near sitting - and I've not heard that babies usually sit before they roll! Not my experience anyway. He started sitting unaided at 9 months and was able to sit himself up at about 11 months.

He commando crawled from 9 months and has only just started crawling 'properly' in the last two weeks. He has no interest in pulling himself up and is nowhere near walking at 14 months. But he is happy and active, and his language and comprehension seems quite good - better than his brother was at 14 months.

The way I look at it - I have a happy, chilled, lazy baby who will do things in his own time.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sometimes you can't look back at another child a couple years ago and compare them to yours as firstly every child is different and secondly you may not be remembering correctly and think oh they were doing such and such at this age but they were older then what you recall. SIL commented that her son was toilet trained by the time he was the same age as my DS3 luckily I had a good memory and replied no remember he started toilet training at Xmas which means he was almost 3 not 22months. she then relized she was being a show off and was wrong. All but 1 of my kids were sitting up between 5and a half and 6 and a half months, but at 5 months they showed no signs of sitting up. With babies one week can make a difference and a baby 3 weeks older should be doing more than the baby 3 weeks younger, I have this issue with family oh your 5 month old isn't sitting up mine is - no yours is 6months and didn't start doing it till 3 days ago. My sisters baby is 8 weeks younger than mine, while my baby is a bit more alert for her age than expected -a lot of strangers and early childhood nurse comment. my sister looks and worries about her baby not being similar I have to constantly remind her that her baby is 8 weeks behind/younger than my baby and mine only started doing whatever it was at the time a month ago. I find the early childhood nurses very helpful in guiding you if your baby is where they should be. But I'm sure your baby is fine one week makes a difference in their development and doesn't sound behind' to me

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Sounds great
    My dd started rolling at 5 months
    And now a bit over 7 months is not sitting
    I thought sitting average was 8-9 months. And yes sitting means with no support

Thanks
    Reviews
    All babies are different and develop in their own time. Don't worry.