+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I had a natural birth with DS. There were some urinary "accidents" while sneezing for the first few months, but after that everything went back to normal.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    1000 posts in a week500 Posts in a week
    750 Posts in a week400 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 12/2/15Busiest Member of the Week300 posts in a week
    A little bit off topic but was I the only one who LOVED the catheter during labour? After 8 months of peeing every five minutes (exaggerated but you know what I mean!), I could just lie there and enjoy not having to get up all the time to go!

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Apple iPhart6 For This Useful Post:

KitiK  (09-11-2014),olismumma  (09-11-2014),Pumpkin1106  (09-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by meredithgrey View Post
    I respect your decision, but be aware that you can't guarantee that a caesarean will go smoothy and not cause any issues or trauma either.
    I completely agree here! I have had 1 VB and 3 c/s. I have found that caesarean were better for me but my last one was quite a traumatic experience. From 12 failed attempts of the spinal causing that much pain to the theatre staff dropping my leg just after I had been stitched. Both things still causing issues nearly 3 years on.

Either way you go it is going to be right for you but you do need to go in with an open mind and prepare for all things whether it's with a vaginal birth or caesarean.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My thinking is that CS 100% guarantees surgery, stitches, catheter, pain meds, several weeks unable to drive, extended recovery time etc. VB there is a chance you'll have no stitches and easy recovery. What those chances are I'm not sure. Is there a midwife or someone who can give some facts/percentages? I'm sure not just the OP but every first time mum reading would find the facts useful. My understanding is that CS babies have a higher risk of breathing difficulties and mums are more likely to have breastfeeding problems. These might only be small risks but if someone knows the actual percentages it might be helpful. Doesn't necessarily make the decision easier but if you have specific concerns about incontinence it would be useful to know what the risks are each way. A women's health physio should also have some information about urinary and fecal incontinence etc. Good luck either way OP.

Sent from my C6603 using The Bub Hub mobile app

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Noty For This Useful Post:

AdornedWithCats  (09-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hmmm...great topic! I never had a cs before, so cannot comment about them, but I have given birth 4 times naturally with no drugs or anything, last time was with twins. At the time I screamed for a cs! But was glad at the end of each one, as I was up and out of bed within 30 mins and could walk around freely and easily. So during labour, bad...but after labour, great! lol Hope that helps