Closed Thread
Page 50 of 101 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260100 ... LastLast
    harvs is offline Winner 2014 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 2/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/3/15Busiest Member of the Week200 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Fiery View Post
    A little shaken up. Someone keeps prank calling me and I can't do anything about it coz the coward is using a private number. Trying to rack my brain wondering who the f it is and what they're trying to achieve. Perhaps it's time to change my number.
    Are they talking? Or is it just silence? If silence it could be outbound call centres. It happens to me every now and then from a private number. They have those machines that just call and then if the call connects it takes a while for a person to take over.

Mod-Nomsie is offline Administrator
    Winner 2009/10/11/12/13 - Most helpful Moderator
    Winner 2011 - Naughtiest/Cheekiest Mod
    Winner - Quickest 'Thanker' on the Hub
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/1/15
    Happens to me all the time too. It's super annoying.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DesperatelySeekingSleep View Post
    I am feeling overly and irrationally emotional about donating my last $5 to some firies doing some food shopping for volunteer firies fighting a local fire that's looking to claim houses. It's not because it's my last $5 but because they are risking their own lives. And seeing the desperation in the shoppers eyes to get it all done ASAP so they can be hydrated was the clincher I think. I would have given more if my own shopping was less.
    Thank you! As a volunteer family what you have done means a lot.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to amyd For This Useful Post:

DesperatelySeekingSleep  (13-12-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 14/11/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by amyd View Post
    Thank you! As a volunteer family what you have done means a lot.
    My brother is a volunteer as well and I think that was the trigger. $5 isn't much but it is a tray of water at least.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by harvs View Post
    Are they talking? Or is it just silence? If silence it could be outbound call centres. It happens to me every now and then from a private number. They have those machines that just call and then if the call connects it takes a while for a person to take over.
    They rang yesterday on the landline and asked for my name (mum answered) and when I went over they'd hung up, and today the same thing but before I could answer they hung up then immediately rang my mobile then when I answered there was silence and then they disconnected.
    They're playing silly buggers with me.

I don't have a whistle on hand either but I wouldn't want to provoke them anymore that they take it further?!?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week300 posts in a week200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Fiery View Post
    A little shaken up. Someone keeps prank calling me and I can't do anything about it coz the coward is using a private number. Trying to rack my brain wondering who the f it is and what they're trying to achieve. Perhaps it's time to change my number.
    Fiery, I am not sure if you are with Telstra but if you are you can contact the unwelcome calls team, they can find the person even if they have a private number and block them from calling you. I used to work along side the team in Perth and they are all really helpful. The number is 1800 805 996 (I hope it is ok to put here) I hope this helps you :-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default I am...#9

Quote Originally Posted by Suprisedmummy View Post
    Fiery, I am not sure if you are with Telstra but if you are you can contact the unwelcome calls team, they can find the person even if they have a private number and block them from calling you. I used to work along side the team in Perth and they are all really helpful. The number is 1800 805 996 (I hope it is ok to put here) I hope this helps you :-)
    Thanks I'll give them a call if it keeps continuing. I am with Telstra.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    500 Posts in a week
    400 Posts in a week300 posts in a week200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekFunniest Caption
    Enjoying silence whilst DS2 naps.

"Insert witty signature here"

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Getting nervous about flying to Sydney on Wednesday with a 6 and a half month old, on the way to the NSW Central Coast to spend Christmas with DH's family.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    Disappointed. Dd2 has a art piece going on display at our local art gallery today as part of the young artist awards. This afternoon they are announcing the winners. We were supposed to be going. She jumped awarkardly and has hurt her ankle. I am tossing up whether to take her to hospital for a X ray or just RICE it.