Closed Thread
Page 35 of 102 FirstFirst ... 2533343536374585 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by anewme View Post
    Mega hugs. I hope they have it sorted out now and she is sleeping.
    They still don't know whats going on but she is definitely catching up on some much needed sleep. Thank you

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tastychicken View Post
    So torn. My sam is not gaining enough weight on breastmilk to come home from hospital and last night she lost weight.

I have always wanted to breastfeed and i have so much milk. Oversupply even.

Do i just call it quits and formula feed? My 2 older kids formula fed and they are fine.

I am getting the hospital to test my milk but seems like i have not enough calories in my milk.
    I have never heard of not having enough calories in breastmilk. Is she feeding from you or expressed milk? Is there any change you can express a bit first to get rid of some of the foremilk so she gets more hind ill - it's fattier so might help. Otherwise I suggest seeing a lactation consultant - they'll give you proper advice, not like my made up stuff!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ending 5/6/15100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by amyd View Post
    I have never heard of not having enough calories in breastmilk. Is she feeding from you or expressed milk? Is there any change you can express a bit first to get rid of some of the foremilk so she gets more hind ill - it's fattier so might help. Otherwise I suggest seeing a lactation consultant - they'll give you proper advice, not like my made up stuff!
    The tests are back....almost zero fat and not enough collegen in it. I have a genetic abnormality that means i don't produce enough collegen and seems it is the same with my milk. I am working with a lactation consultant and they think it is best to give her bits of breastmilk for the antibodies but formula for the bulk of her calories.

Thanks
    Reviews
    😞that sucks. I never knew anything like that could happen. I hope the formula helps.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Exhausted :thumbdown:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week300 posts in a week200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week
    Crossing my fingers my banana muffins are working. It's my first ever batch of non packet baking!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ending 5/6/15100 Posts in a week
    I am thinking it would almost be worth being pregnant again to rid myself of the constant pain of ibs.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    deleted
    Last edited by DreamyMummy; 01-12-2014 at 10:37.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Katey4 View Post
    deleted
    Oh Katey we are here for you if you need to talk. ..

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Feeling awkward and uncomfortable in my own "home". ILs have moved back in for 3 months (it's their house) and it's just as bad as I expected - I'm hiding in my room and too scared to even go make lunch as MIL is on yet another cleaning rampage in the kitchen

It's only day 4...MIL is a housebound agoraphobic too so I know i won't get time alone in the house (or time with dd alone except for trips to shops and park)

Just so fecking miserable right now, I don't have a "home" - a place to go to right now where I can just relax and enjoy myself and live my life