+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by jodieleigh78 View Post
    Good idea wanderlust,
    I'm thinking of adding ACU Nursing to my preferences as 3 of 4 first year subjects are the same. The ATAR is much lower so if I miss out on BMid then perhaps I could get a spot in nursing then reapply to midwifery mid year or in 2016 and get a credit transfer for completed subjects. Has anyone done similar?
    Does this sound like a good plan?
    I have jodieleigh! I applied to B Mid at ACU Brisbane (ACU was my only preference due to logistics) and wasn't successful in the first round offers so quickly added B Nursing and B Nursing/B Business Admin and was accepted to the latter.
    Being part time it was great as I only chose the subjects to be completed by both nursing and midwifery students
    Actually there was 1 subject that wasn't transferable but I'm ok with that as by doing it I learnt how to write essays etc

2. The Following User Says Thank You to foggy For This Useful Post:

jodieleigh78  (26-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by RipperRita View Post
    Foggy, Only the uni one. They never seem to have nursing books. You've inspired me to go to the the little medical textbook 2nd hand store near the hospital this afternoon. I've got prac Monday and need something like those little pocket sized books to ease my nerves thanks for the idea x
    Do you know books you're after? I can have a quick look on the sites I'm on and if I find one I can add you to the group

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by foggy View Post
    I have jodieleigh! I applied to B Mid at ACU Brisbane (ACU was my only preference due to logistics) and wasn't successful in the first round offers so quickly added B Nursing and B Nursing/B Business Admin and was accepted to the latter.
    Being part time it was great as I only chose the subjects to be completed by both nursing and midwifery students
    Actually there was 1 subject that wasn't transferable but I'm ok with that as by doing it I learnt how to write essays etc
    Thanks Foggy,
    I'm going to change my preferences tonight. I have my heart set on ACU

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by foggy View Post
    Do you know books you're after? I can have a quick look on the sites I'm on and if I find one I can add you to the group
    I found an awesome pocket nursing book today with all the medication formulas, vital signs etc 😀

Gothel is offline Skip the drama, stay with Mama!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Can I join in too? Has anyone else gone through on early round offers? I am mature age and I did the STAT in October (OMG talk about feeling like my brain was fried!) but I did well enough to get offered a place at uni for the Bach of Nursing. Now I'm terrified to accept it and wondering if I should take a place in a diploma course (which I also applied for in case I didn't get the bach). I wonder if the diploma will give me a better grounding in nursing skills, I don't know...

For those who sat the STAT and are stressing about getting a place, the staff at uni told me if you do OK on the stat you will be pretty ok to get a place, I have no prior history in nursing and it didn't go against me at all...

Thanks
    Reviews
    I just checked my email and I have received an early offer for BMid at ACU Brisbane!!!!! Can't believe I got my first preference and so early!!!! So happy right now

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to wanderlust86 For This Useful Post:

Gothel  (27-11-2014),Mylilcookiemonster  (27-11-2014),RipperRita  (27-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm so jealous Wanderlast86!!! Congratulations 😀😀😀😀😀

10. The Following User Says Thank You to foggy For This Useful Post:

wanderlust86  (27-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awesome news Wanderlast! Time to celebrate!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to jodieleigh78 For This Useful Post:

wanderlust86  (27-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Gothel View Post
    Can I join in too? Has anyone else gone through on early round offers? I am mature age and I did the STAT in October (OMG talk about feeling like my brain was fried!) but I did well enough to get offered a place at uni for the Bach of Nursing. Now I'm terrified to accept it and wondering if I should take a place in a diploma course (which I also applied for in case I didn't get the bach). I wonder if the diploma will give me a better grounding in nursing skills, I don't know...

For those who sat the STAT and are stressing about getting a place, the staff at uni told me if you do OK on the stat you will be pretty ok to get a place, I have no prior history in nursing and it didn't go against me at all...
    Hi Gothel,
    Congratulations! Which uni?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congrats Wanderlast!

Welcome Gothel
    Last edited by Mylilcookiemonster; 27-11-2014 at 19:52.