+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hi guys
    Can't believe the Year is almost over.. I have a three week prac at Logan hospital starting Monday and then I have officially completed my first year of B of nursing grad entry at QUT... Yah!!!!! I'm 35 yrs with 2 young kids and so incredibly proud of myself.
    Hope studies have been kind to you all and you get in the courses of your choice. Xxxx
    Last edited by RipperRita; 26-11-2014 at 07:06.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to RipperRita For This Useful Post:

jodieleigh78  (26-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wanderlust86 I just had another look at my Uni info - it says offers are made 'progressively' from 12th Dec (results for this semester are out Dec 11) so I realise it doesn't necessarily mean that's when I will find out Oh well, if I have to wait I have to wait!

And yes can't wait for Wednesday!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 19/6/2014
    Do any of you ladies about to start studying have any use for any of this? They are anatomy cards and little reference books. Also have sethoscopes, sphygmomanometers, & a nursing pouch...all free to anyone who wants them.
    Attached Images

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by HarvestMoon View Post
    Do any of you ladies about to start studying have any use for any of this? They are anatomy cards and little reference books. Also have sethoscopes, sphygmomanometers, & a nursing pouch...all free to anyone who wants them.
    Are you in Bris by any chance? The anatomy cards and reference books would be amazing for prac.. And that medication maths book is something I really need to invest in. Where did you get them?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 19/6/2014
    Quote Originally Posted by RipperRita View Post
    Are you in Bris by any chance? The anatomy cards and reference books would be amazing for prac.. And that medication maths book is something I really need to invest in. Where did you get them?
    Nope sorry. I could send them to you if you want though? Otherwise i got most of them from ebay & the book depository.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to HarvestMoon For This Useful Post:

RipperRita  (26-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by HarvestMoon View Post
    Nope sorry. I could send them to you if you want though? Otherwise i got most of them from ebay & the book depository.
    Thanks anyway I'll see if I can get some from eBay. Which did you find the most helpful?

Thanks
    Reviews
    RipperRita have you joined any second hand textbook sites on FB?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Quote Originally Posted by RipperRita View Post
    Thanks anyway I'll see if I can get some from eBay. Which did you find the most helpful?
    No worries. I'm not too sure what's most helpful. I hated the course and dropped out so i never really utilised any resources to there full potential.
    Personally i found anything maths related so basic that it's not worth spending time/money/energy on.
    If maths is not your strong point it may potentially be helpful though?
    I'm sorry i can't really help you with that one.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by wanderlust86 View Post
    I'm sorry you are disappointed with your STAT test, I found the test quite difficult too and the last 10 questions I just guessed as I almost ran out of time! With Christmas coming up, those 5 weeks will fly by! I decided to add another preference to my list just in case I don't get a place in Midwifery or Nursing so I've added Nursing/Paramedicine. I thought if I can at least start and hopefully the following year transfer to Mid. Most of the units are the same as Mid and Nursing too so I can get them credited.

Good luck to all the new members in the thread!
    Good idea wanderlust,
    I'm thinking of adding ACU Nursing to my preferences as 3 of 4 first year subjects are the same. The ATAR is much lower so if I miss out on BMid then perhaps I could get a spot in nursing then reapply to midwifery mid year or in 2016 and get a credit transfer for completed subjects. Has anyone done similar?
    Does this sound like a good plan?

12. The Following User Says Thank You to jodieleigh78 For This Useful Post:

wanderlust86  (27-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Foggy, Only the uni one. They never seem to have nursing books. You've inspired me to go to the the little medical textbook 2nd hand store near the hospital this afternoon. I've got prac Monday and need something like those little pocket sized books to ease my nerves thanks for the idea x