+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi mylilcookiemonster, I started part time last year and have completed the 2 biology subjects and 2 core sociology subjects, and due to having my DS2 in January this year (good time of year huh!) I did one subject this semester only. Of the 5 subjects I've done (still waiting for the results of this semester) 4 of them are also required for the midwifery degree. So that will cut some time off the degree!

I have really enjoyed it! I feel the same as you though, being part time it's hard to feel as involved in the Uni as I could be. But I simply don't have the time to mingle and get to know anyone! My eldest is also in school so that cuts the day right down as far as study time goes too.
    The biology subjects were very difficult but I loved learning about it all.
    Last edited by foggy; 24-11-2014 at 02:43.

Thanks
    Reviews
    So i just discovered STAT results are out on Jan 2nd. 5 week wait. Lucky it's a crazy, busy time of the year. 😀

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi
    Hope its okay for me to join this thread. I am putting in an application for a Diploma of Nursing (Enrolled Nursing) course.

Kind of freaking out!

I have two young kids and am unsure how I will be able to fit everything in, especially organising care for the kids while I'm on clinical pracs.

Any tips or wise words of advice would be much appreciated!

But it is something I really want to do. And if I keep being scared, I'll never do it. So fingers crossed I get offered a position.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 19/6/2014
    Quote Originally Posted by GreyDays View Post
    Hi
    Hope its okay for me to join this thread. I am putting in an application for a Diploma of Nursing (Enrolled Nursing) course.

Kind of freaking out!

I have two young kids and am unsure how I will be able to fit everything in, especially organising care for the kids while I'm on clinical pracs.

Any tips or wise words of advice would be much appreciated!

But it is something I really want to do. And if I keep being scared, I'll never do it. So fingers crossed I get offered a position.
    Honestly the best tip for someone in your position is: don't do it!
    Seriously reconsider your options. Uni isn't much more expensive and the qualification is better/will open up more doors. Uni offers a far more supportive learning environment and is more flexible. Definitely better for someone who has kids.
    I wish i had of known what i do now back when i signed up for the diploma of nursing. It was such a horrible waste of time and money. I think just about everyone is the class expressed the same regret - should have gone to uni instead.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to HarvestMoon For This Useful Post:

PipersMummy  (24-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HarvestMoon View Post
    Honestly the best tip for someone in your position is: don't do it!
    Seriously reconsider your options. Uni isn't much more expensive and the qualification is better/will open up more doors. Uni offers a far more supportive learning environment and is more flexible. Definitely better for someone who has kids.
    I wish i had of known what i do now back when i signed up for the diploma of nursing. It was such a horrible waste of time and money. I think just about everyone is the class expressed the same regret - should have gone to uni instead.
    Thank u for your honesty, I ummed and ahhed for about 6 months on what route I wanted to take re en or rn, en was appealing because it's a shorter course but I knew eventually is want rn because I want to do palliative, this has just reassured me

7. The Following User Says Thank You to PipersMummy For This Useful Post:

HarvestMoon  (24-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Foggy- Thats great! At least you have a start on it, and the units will be credited. I have completed one unit and am now studying two units. I have a study plan if all goes to plan I will graduate in 2018 it feels so far away

I would love to be more involved, but as you said I just don't get the time. I am in the process of freaking out at the moment. I have a case study and essay due in two weeks.

Jodie- I am sure these next 5 weeks will fly by!

Welcome to everyone that has recently joined

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Mylilcookiemonster For This Useful Post:

jodieleigh78  (25-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yeah the one subject I did last semester had an essay, an oral group assignment and the exam, as well as weekly lectures and biweekly tutorials! I'm kind of worried how I'm going to go with (hopefully) three subjects next semester. The kids were in daycare 2 days (and school) and I used every minute of those 2 days for Uni. But after the whole drop off and pick up it really only left me from 9:30 until 2 to do any work.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi,

I am hoping to study midwifery midyear.
    Because of my year 12 results (and it being 15 years since being at school) I have decided to do the TEP course instead of the STAT test. I have already done my online assessment and I have got into the TEP2 course, but I need to wait till Jan to see if I can apply for the 1st available course. I will be studying thru CDU

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by jodieleigh78 View Post
    Hi roo girl and cookie monster,
    I just sat the STAT and found it much harder than the sample tests I've done, struggled to get through to the end and had to guess a few. A bit of a knock to the confidence! Now the waiting game really begins.
    ���������������� �������������
    I'm sorry you are disappointed with your STAT test, I found the test quite difficult too and the last 10 questions I just guessed as I almost ran out of time! With Christmas coming up, those 5 weeks will fly by! I decided to add another preference to my list just in case I don't get a place in Midwifery or Nursing so I've added Nursing/Paramedicine. I thought if I can at least start and hopefully the following year transfer to Mid. Most of the units are the same as Mid and Nursing too so I can get them credited.

Good luck to all the new members in the thread!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to wanderlust86 For This Useful Post:

jodieleigh78  (26-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by foggy View Post
    Hi guys! I'm currently studying B. Nursing at ACU in Brisbane but my heart lies in midwifery.
    I have applied and hopefully should find out by Christmas if I've been successful. I applied a couple of years ago but while my rank was above the minimum required, the competition was high and I didn't make the cut. I started the nursing degree instead but decided to try again
    I've 3 kids - 5 years, 3 years and 10 months.
    Hello Foggy!

I am so excited for you to find out in December! That would be a dream for me to find out that early! Can't wait for our catch up on Wednesday