+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks everyone for your well wishes - I certainly am hoping for a nice little Xmas pressie!

Angelanathan - be confident that you can do it, if you can manage three small kids am sure you will manage nursing too! I think nursing and midwifery attracts a lot of older students so you won't be alone there!

Andrea

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello Ladies,

Is it ok if I join?

I have already been accepted into bachelor of Midwifery at SCU last year, but i did have to defer due to being pregnant and having a baby.

I started back Part Time last session I have completed one unit, and I am currently enrolled in two units. So over the next year I will plotting along and completing the units that do not require placement or continuity.

I am just not sure where I belong because of being part time!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi my Lil cookie monster,
    Welcome! Congratulations on your new bubba. I have a 5 month old and will hopefully be studying part time next year. How are you finding being able to get study done at home with bubba around?
    Jodie 😊

Thanks
    Reviews
    6 days till STAT
    64 days till VTAC offers come out.
    (Not that I'm counting or anything! )

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by jodieleigh78 View Post
    Hi my Lil cookie monster,
    Welcome! Congratulations on your new bubba. I have a 5 month old and will hopefully be studying part time next year. How are you finding being able to get study done at home with bubba around?
    Jodie ������
    Thank you jodieleigh78!
    I try to do most of my study while my 9 month old is asleep, My two year old goes to day care 3 days a week so it is a little easier on those days. If Miss two is home nothing gets done! I also do a lot at night. Its tough but I'm pushing through it. My baby is sleeping less and moving more, but I am thankful that she is an easy bub, and incredibly cute too

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ahh! ! It sounds like what I'll be in for... A Mr 3 who devours my time and an easy second bub who is starting to move around. Funny!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hahaha I glad I won't be the only one! I am also glad my oldest is in school, makes it a little easier during the day :-)

What day is your STAT test? What Uni are you going to apply to?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Haha..school! I wish. My stat is next Saturday, I've done heaps of prep and been getting 75% on sample exams.. on no sleep. I'm praying for a good night's sleep. I'm applying for ACU ..☺

Thanks
    Reviews
    Jodieleigh - how did your test go? Hope you're happy with the outcome.

Lilcookiemonster - congrats on your little one and on getting into midwifery. I think you're amazing doing it all with such young kids.

I'm lucky in that my kids will all be in school next year, but I will need to find some form of part time work I think, just to keep some extra money coming in the door.

Anyway, fingers crossed for those of still waiting on offers
    Andrea

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you Andrea! I feel crazy, not amazing! hahahaha. I have wanted this for so long so I am determined to continue. The way I have this degree mapped out though means I won't be doing any 'hands on' until 2016 :-(. The kids will be older and I don't think I will feel as guilty. For now I will just be completing all the other units that I can!

I will be trying to limit myself to one shift at work a week if we can afford it. Have you received an offer? Where are you studying?

Jodieleigh- How are you feeling about Saturday?