+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by wanderlust86 View Post
    Yes I did need to sit the STAT. I didn't do well in year 12 from lack of applying myself and apart from a couple of certificates, I haven't done any other tertiary study to give me a high enough ranking. I sat the STAT in august and did well enough to satisfy the english prerequisite and minimum ranking to qualify for a place. Now the waiting game to see if I did good enough to actually get in! Good luck with the STAT!
    Just wondering how you found out the minimum ranking in regards to STAT results? I'd love to have an idea of how I'm tracking after I sit the STAT in 3 weeks..

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by jodieleigh78 View Post
    Just wondering how you found out the minimum ranking in regards to STAT results? I'd love to have an idea of how I'm tracking after I sit the STAT in 3 weeks..
    I'm not sure if it is different in VIC but in QLD I got sent my results and attached is a table that has overall scores and the equivalent ranks. I knew with ACU I needed to get an overall score of 157 or higher or 155 or higher on the verbal subscore to satisfy the english prerequisite. I have submitted my application to QTAC along with letters from my employers which have not yet been assessed so my rank may change but for now I know I have done enough for minimum entry requirements. I believe for 2014, the minimum rank for BMid was 68 (not sure if it is different for melbourne campus?) obviously that can change depending on who applies for next year. hope that helps! It makes sense to me but may not to everyone else lol

3. The Following User Says Thank You to wanderlust86 For This Useful Post:

jodieleigh78  (05-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you so much, yes, that makes sense to me ☺

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I've woosed out and decided to do the prep course first and start mid year instead, just waiting to see if I get in to that, did their online diagnostics last night, fingers crossed

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all,

I am Andrea and have applied to the direct entry midwifery degree at University of Canberra for 2015. No STAT required here, but we have to submit a CV and answer some questions about our understanding of midwifery, the issues in midwifery etc, plus whatever other documentation you think might be relevant.

Now the waiting game begins. With luck, I should find out before Christmas whether I have got in or not.

Good luck to everyone - hope we're all back here next year moaning about our study load etc!

Andrea

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good luck Andrea. Finding out in December would be wonderful (I wish!!). I have 2 little ones at home and if I'm accepted in mid January I'm going to have a busy month arranging child care and such before a February start. The waiting is already getting to me and I still have over 2 months to go..😂😂😂😂
    I'm hoping a good STAT result and a long work history in Disability care will get me in. I'm praying for a good night's sleep the the night before my STAT, I joked to hubby that I might stay in a hotel the night before.
    Jodie

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Roogirl1973 View Post
    Hi all,

I am Andrea and have applied to the direct entry midwifery degree at University of Canberra for 2015. No STAT required here, but we have to submit a CV and answer some questions about our understanding of midwifery, the issues in midwifery etc, plus whatever other documentation you think might be relevant.

Now the waiting game begins. With luck, I should find out before Christmas whether I have got in or not.

Good luck to everyone - hope we're all back here next year moaning about our study load etc!

Andrea
    Good luck Andrea! Hopefully a nice early Christmas present to yourself with getting a place

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi guys
    I am too wanting to study dip of nursing
    I have 3 little ones and not real confident I can do it
    Going through tafe

Sent from my GT-I9506 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by angelanathan View Post
    Hi guys
    I am too wanting to study dip of nursing
    I have 3 little ones and not real confident I can do it
    Going through tafe

Hi Angela,

I'm sure if you are passionate about it you will make it work! Is there an option to study part time? That might be more manageable for you?

Hiedi.

Thanks
    Reviews
    No not really
    I have worked full time and managed
    Just nervous being an older student