+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Congrats Yourefunnymummy! Did you run around the house and jump about??

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Innergoddess For This Useful Post:

yourefunnymummy  (16-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congrats to you too Nursingchik, obviously the universe is telling you that EN is not for you I was an EN and hated it! Not the work, just the facility environment. It can be a *****y job, the pressure to perform a ridiculous amount of work in a shift and the pressure from management to toe the line with paperwork and such....it wasn't a rewarding career. Maybe it was just me, but I wanted to care for people, for those higher up it was a business and government provisions to make allthe indicators (requiring so much paperwork) to be eligible for funding - well, all that fell on the EN at the bottom of the ladder So have fun with Midwifery!!! Its hopefully a whole different ball game!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by yourefunnymummy View Post
    Hi girls!
    so I'm popping in with an update of I GOT IN!!!!
    I got in to study a double degree of nursing and midwifery! I am so unbelievably shocked, excited and relieved all at once!
    im still unsure of how in the world I'm going to manage everything but if you never try you never succeed right?!

best of luck to everyone that is still waiting, I hope you all get the same excitement as I did!
    xx
    Fantastic news! Yipppeeee! Enjoy the elation!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to jodieleigh78 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congratulations yourefunnymummy!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Mylilcookiemonster For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    OMG! It has just hit me....offers come out MONDAY - like, THIS MONDAY!!!!!!!!! I think I've been too blase about it all, it hasn't really sunk in...but this is it! Good luck containing your excitement/nerves girls....see you on the other side!

Thanks
    Reviews
    2 sleeps!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to jodieleigh78 For This Useful Post:

foggy  (17-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default I got in!

Congrats Yourefunnymummy, just found out I got approved for my transfer into the dual degree too! So happy I cried! 7 years of researching, becoming a doula, then starting nursing! So happy

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by 3cheekyboys View Post
    Congrats Yourefunnymummy, just found out I got approved for my transfer into the dual degree too! So happy I cried! 7 years of researching, becoming a doula, then starting nursing! So happy
    Congratulations! !

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oooh, big congratulations 3cheekyboys!!!

So Jodieleigh - this is it. One more sleep to go! We'll be hanging out in some classes together if we both get in...I'm going full time though. You got a higher score than me in the STAT so I wish you the very best - personally I think you'll get in. Good Luck!!

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Innergoddess For This Useful Post:

jodieleigh78  (18-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    For the last week and a half I've had a very wakeful, teething baby and haven't been getting much sleep at all ( they're only his 3rd and 4th teeth, so it's still a long road ahead).
    I'm starting to second guess my decision to study this year. I'm not sure if I could handle sleep deprivation, the added pressures to family life and still be functional enough to do well with my studies??
    Or, on the other hand- because I'll be doing something I love, I will find the energy I need to achieve??
    If I do get an offer I'm seriously thinking of deferring for a year and starting when Bubba is a year older and my 3 year old is in 4.yo kinder.
    Decisions! Decisions!