+ Reply to Thread

Default A baby, toddler and a PhD - how to manage it all?!

Hi everyone I'm new to this forum but have already read a lot of the posts on here which are so very interesting and useful to me! I'm a mum to two boys - an 8 month old, and a 3 year old, and I'm also currently doing my PhD full time from home...and yes I know I could have timed it all better instead, I juggle motherhood with studies and looking after the family, the house etc etc. I'm not one to complain, I love my family and I also love what I'm researching (I've decided to do my PhD as a means for a career change), but I don't get much sleep and I'm very tired most of the time which means I'm not necessarily much fun to be around sometimes Are there any other mums out there who are in the same situation? Would love to hear from you and how you manage it all

Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I’m only completing my accounting degree, but I understand being tired. I have two kids, 6 and 2 and are currently TTC.

I find having children motivate me to work harder for my life post SAHM. I also think gives them a direct appreciation of working hard for something.

I’m sure you will do brilliantly! Good luck J

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Nomia For This Useful Post:

incywincyspider  (04-11-2014)

Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    300 posts in a week - week ended 11/9/14200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 11/9/14100 Posts in a week
    Wow welcome to bubhub incywincyspider. Your sound so driven and motivated - I'm sure your boys will thank you when they inherit your wonderful work ethic. DP is currently studying her undergrad degree, we're 50/50 parents but she still gets really exhausted and tired.

Now is always the right time! You go for it and you'll be rewarded with the benefits of hard work, perseverance and determination.

Be careful though, by joining bubhub I fear you'll add a full-time obsession to your already packed curriculum. This place is seriously addictive.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Best Things For This Useful Post:

incywincyspider  (04-11-2014)