+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I couldn't get either of my kids to drink from a bottle unfortunately. With DS I tried really really hard as I had cracked nipples that wouldn't heal and it was agonizing. The one thing we did have a little bit of success with was feeding him when he was basically asleep (so, after rocking him to sleep or going in and picking him up just before he woke fully). He seemed to suck for a little while before rejecting the bottle. Might be worth a try. Good luck!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    how old is bub?

I have been advised to introduce a bottle before bub is 1mo IF breastfeeding is going well (supply established and bub good to latch and suck).

Yes Id try again with you out of the house. Also don't wait till he is hungry as he might get too upset.

Warm the tit under warm water. That can help.

I'd also try from a cup, some bubs prefer that.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    He's 14wks.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by heartstringz View Post
    Cue i think my ds is around the same age as yours & I cant get him to take a bottle either. Please post back & let us know hos you go with the pigeon bottles as im yet to try them yet.

Im wondering if my ds would drink from a sippy cup himself if we gave it to him, so im going to try that at some stage. Not sure if thats an option for you to try

Sent from my SM-T210 using The Bub Hub mobile app
    We used pigeon and medela narrow neck with DD and she took them without any problem. She seemed to prefer them to any other bottle/teat.

I'm wondering if the face that it's breastmilk in the bottle might be making his refuse it, as he's associating the taste with the breast.

Who knows, I'm so frustrated and over it today, he's barely slept and seems hungry and grumpy, I just suck at this.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Cue View Post
    We used pigeon and medela narrow neck with DD and she took them without any problem. She seemed to prefer them to any other bottle/teat.

I'm wondering if the face that it's breastmilk in the bottle might be making his refuse it, as he's associating the taste with the breast.

Who knows, I'm so frustrated and over it today, he's barely slept and seems hungry and grumpy, I just suck at this.
    Yes I think thats why my ds refuses too - he will get a taste of the em but then screw up his face & spit it out like 'thats not where that is meant to come from'.

Hugs, i hope u have a better day tomorrow

Sent from my SM-T210 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Still not having any luck. I haven't been able to find the Mam ones in store, I'll have a look online.

Saw his paed today and it looks like DS has CMPI. I'm devastated and angry and frustrated... I really need DS to take a bottle so I can get some more weight on him.

Just feel like punching a wall right now

Thanks
    Reviews
    Try feeding with a cup, once when DS was sick I put him in the bath and tipped from a cup into his mouth and that's what got him bottle feeding/BF'ing again and in hosp that's what they often do when tube feeding isn't cutting it anymore and they won't latch on, etc. (Our first 2 weeks were a bit of a struggle feeding-wise)

Medela has a calma teat have bought it for #2, don't know what it's like though.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've just ordered a MAM bottle online. Hopefully it will arrive this week. Fingers crossed that it works. I really need him to take a bottle!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Cue, does the CMPI mean that you have to give up breastfeeding? Or will you continue and cut out dairy?
    Hugs, I know how hard you've been trying and this seems really unfair!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I can continue to breastfeed but would have to cut out all dairy and probably soy as well. It's a tough diet to follow, it's amazing how many things have milk solids in them. I tried to do it with DD but I lost too much weight - a bad combination of stress and a very restricted diet. I don't want to put myself through that again, I know it's selfish but I just can't do it.

We'd be putting DS on AllerPro formula.