+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default What to get a newborn for Xmas?

Any suggestion welcome-I'm stuck for ideas on what to get bub for Xmas. Of course I don't want to go overboard but some practical/impractical present ideas would really be appreciated!

I'm struggling a bit for ideas as everything the baby has is for the purpose of normal newborn arrival but I do want to purposefully go out and do Xmas shopping for the little one

So far I thought:

Girl-baby doll, Xmas dress, bracelet.
    Boy-Xmas outfit, footy.

Either-personalised something, books, Xmas DVD to start a collection.

Yep that's it-my brain is refusing to program. Please help! X
    Last edited by Chillies; 04-11-2014 at 02:57.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger
    My DS1 was born six weeks before Christmas. We just got him some toys- a play gym, some classic fisher-price stuff, a cloth book etc. Apart from the play gym he didn't use anything until he was a bit older but everything has been well loved and played with by now!

Sent from my XT925 using The Bub Hub mobile app

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Hamilicious For This Useful Post:

Chillies  (04-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    My Ds will be 9 weeks old, he is getting a dump truck & 6-12 month little toys, and a few new outfits!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to joalisha For This Useful Post:

Chillies  (04-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    DS was almost one last Christmas and we just bought him a blow up beach ball, it was $1. He got heaps of presents from family and friends, and he loved them all, but almost a year later, he still plays with the ball almost every day!
    We are trying to stick to one gift for birthday, one gift for Christmas although ideas for a new-born - Sophie the giraffe, lamaze toys, nice books, mirror toys make great presents .

7. The Following User Says Thank You to michellead For This Useful Post:

Chillies  (04-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    DS will be 10 months for Christmas. Since it's his first Christmas, I wanted to get a classic, wooden toy that he'll play with but will also be treasured and saved. Most likely getting him a wooden, red, London double decker bus since we're currently over here and this is where he was born. I was also going to make his Christmas stocking. We'll probably get him a couple small things as well, so far I was going to try to see if the book 'Goodnight Moon' came in touchy-feely or lift-the-flap. He loves that story and is always trying to touch the pictures. 'Goodnight Moon' is a beautiful bedtime story, a lovely hardback would be treasured (but also need a board book to be destroyed ).

So ideas for you:

-make something special, like their Christmas stocking.

-'Goodnight Moon' (and other lovely bedtime stories). 'Ten Little Fingers and Ten Little Toes' is another very sweet one, so is 'Where is the Green Sheep?' Or a classic children's Christmas story.

-a classic wooden toy. If you live in Melbourne or Sydney, 'Make Me Iconic' has a cool wooden Melbourne Tram and a Sydney Ferry (both with people). Obviously don't need to be from those cities to get them but makes it a little special if you are!

Eta: also, Fisher Price has rereleased some of their classic retro toys and they look quite sweet and vintage. This link is from the UK but just wanted to give you an idea of what I meant. http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B00I...=SY115&simLd=1
    Last edited by HollyGolightly81; 04-11-2014 at 05:00.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to HollyGolightly81 For This Useful Post:

Chillies  (04-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 26/6/14
    We got ds a my first Christmas outfit, a couple board books classics lile snuggle pot and cuddlepie and some toys. He was 14 weeks last Christmas. We didn't go overboard as he was spoilt rotten by family. Maybe a keep sake box to keep the things from birth. MIL got him one and I have been able to put all his "firsts" in there. Even for his birthday he was inundated with gifts. We just got him a couple little things.

Sent from my GT-I9195 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    My nephew was born December 20 last year he got a lot of clothes and blankets and things.. My dad's girlfriend knitted him a Xmas blanket with his name on it. If it's a girl maybe a special bracelet maybe. My eldest was 2 months old at her first Xmas so I got her a Xmas ball with her name..

12. The Following User Says Thank You to MummbearPapabearNCubs For This Useful Post:

Chillies  (04-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 26/9/2014100 Posts in a week
    Definitely get some toys for when bub is a bit older.

Books are always great as they will get read over and over. Maybe get some of your favourites when you were little? I got my boys some of my faves for their first Christmas, but in board book form (found them on book depository) so they wouldn't get ripped by little hands).

Are you somewhere warm or plan on beach/pool trips over the summer? What about a sunsuit/togs, hat & cute hooded beach towel?

14. The Following User Says Thank You to summastarlet For This Useful Post:

Chillies  (04-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 29/5/15Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    What a good thread. My DD will be 13 weeks at Christmas and I'm stumped on what to get. She has a heap of toys, books and clothes already.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mamasupial For This Useful Post:

Chillies  (04-11-2014),TheGooch  (06-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    DD was 6 weeks old last Christmas - she got a money box, a photo album, a book & a bubble bath that came with a rubber duck. Things that I wanted her to have anyway were just wrapped up & masqueraded as gifts, it's not like she knew!

18. The Following User Says Thank You to TaylorMade For This Useful Post:

Chillies  (04-11-2014)