+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Irritable Uterus. Anyone else have this?

Hi all,

Anyone else been diagnosed with irritable uterus?

I'm 32 weeks with fraternal twins. My irritable uterus was diagnosed 31 weeks after a trip to Emergency thinking I was in labour.

I get contractions all through the day, but worst at night 3-6 mins between each. Soooo uncomfortable... and another 6 weeks more to go!!

Please join me if you have IU and hopefully we can support each other through the rest of the pregnancy

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yep. I'm 25 weeks, and was diagnosed at 19 weeks. I also ended up in ED thinking it was preterm labour. My pregnancy is already considered high risk, so I was ordered off work, and have been on modified bed rest ever since.

The contractions depend on my activity level, and hydration. At worst, they are 2-3 mins apart, and best, maybe only a couple an hour. Most of the time they are painless, but I do get the odd couple that hurt a bit. I'm finding them more uncomfortable the bigger my belly gets

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Hamsterhoney, that must have been a big scare at 19 weeks! Very glad you're off work. I can imagine most things at work would set it off. What are your triggers? How is everything going with your pregnancy?

What do you do with modified bed rest?
    At the moment I'm still up and about but I am taking it easy. I rest a lot but mostly because I'm buggered.

Oh I have the fear of how they'll progress as belly grows. Hopefully yours won't get too much worse I look overdue atm.
    Last edited by BaoLovesLudo; 03-11-2014 at 22:14.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Yes I was diagnosed with irritable uterus at 33 weeks when I thought I was in labour, spent the day in hospital. I had the most uncomfortable pregnancy the entire way through. Was so happy to have baby out. He is 7 weeks old now.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Yep I had IU with dd2 and dd3. Dd2 from abput 26 weeks I was in and out of hospital getting monitored- one trip when I was 28 weeks it kicked off proper contractions and after 2 injections to stop them failed they were preparing to fly me to the closest maim regional hospital a few hours away. Thankfully the 3rd and final dose they attempted before transferring me worked and apart from having to take it easy as much as possible, I went on to have a full term birth at 38+4 weeks.

Similar thing with dd3, at about 29/30 weeks I went in to be monitored. The medication didnt stop the contractions and they suspected my waters were leaking. Prepared me to be flown to next major regional hospital a few hours away and had the team on standby. Gave me a 2rd and final dose and things calmed down. Went on to have dd3 at 38+1weeks.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    I can imagine Kimberly! How good you made it through and you've got your beautiful 7 week old bub.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Yes I have an irritable uterus this pregnancy after a trip to hospital at 23 weeks sure I was either in labour or abrupting. My DD was born at 25 weeks so it was very worrying!!!

I was put on progesterone to attempt to calm things and also started taking magnesium. They haven't got any worse but have been quite persistent and painful over the last 2 months.

They've never affected my cervix so it just is the norm it seems this pregnancy! Keeps me very on edge at times when they are close together.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Gm and little miss. What an inspiring story little miss, you must have had a very scary pregnancy. Gm you certainly must be worried after delivering early with dd. I'm so glad things are going well.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I actually think I've had IU much earlier than 31 weeks now that I thick back.

What are your triggers? What are your relievers?

My triggers:
    Long walks, standing for a long time, changing position, laying down for a long time, full bladder, night time and mornings, mental stress.
    My relivers:
    Staying hydrated, taking it easy, laying on left side, staying lightly active, remaining stress free!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by BaoLovesLudo View Post
    Hi Gm and little miss. What an inspiring story little miss, you must have had a very scary pregnancy. Gm you certainly must be worried after delivering early with dd. I'm so glad things are going well.
    It was scary at first before they diagnosed IU, but afterwards I knew what was going on so it took a bit of stress and worry out of it. The very real possibility of being flown to a hospital hours away from any support was scary too.

Quote Originally Posted by BaoLovesLudo View Post
    I actually think I've had IU much earlier than 31 weeks now that I thick back.

What are your triggers? What are your relievers?

My triggers:
    Long walks, standing for a long time, changing position, laying down for a long time, full bladder, night time and mornings, mental stress.
    My relivers:
    Staying hydrated, taking it easy, laying on left side, staying lightly active, remaining stress free!!
    Stress was a huge trigger for me, as well as recurrent UTIs especially during my pregnancy with dd2.

Relievers were drink lots of water, cranberry tablets (to help with the UTIs, recommended by a midwife), antibiotics (again for UTIs), and take it easy- hard when you have other young kids to deal with!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

11. The Following User Says Thank You to SheWarrior For This Useful Post:

BaoLovesLudo  (05-11-2014)