+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Bladder injury during c sectio

Hi all
    I had a c section 1/8/2013 and had my bladder cut when making incision into my uterus. I struggled with the fact I had to have a c section to start with and this made it fifty times worse. I said from day one that I was not going to have anymore children. My son is now 15 months old and it's been on my mind for a while whether we should have another. I struggled big time in the first 6 months for several reasons. My son is beautiful and the love of my life but very full on and only just got the idea that sleep is actually good for the whole family!
    What id like to know is if other mums felt the way I have been feeling and ended up having with another child. I'd love to be able to have a natural labour and feel like I accomplished delivering my own baby but not sure
    Whether having had the injury I did would stop me from even trying. I appreciate any comment.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My daughter was the same age when I started thinking about another and IF I wanted another. I said I would never have another.
    I had a terrible time with my DD. I had a horrible labour that ended up in emerg csection due to foetal distress. I then wNt on to have a stroke a week after I had her. Bad anxiety and PND. She is also a spirited child and a was a high need baby and has never been easy to look after. But she became really cute and after the first year I started to enjoy being a mother. Maybe the hormones were acting up too wanting me to have another and possibly heal from the previous experience.
    I kept telling myself it couldn't be as bad as the first time. You learn so much from your first pregnancy, birth and baby. Especially where to get support and what works for you. Turns out it is a lot easier 2nd time around. The sleep deprivation sucks but everything else is much easier. I went for a vbac and wasn't successful but I healed from the experience.
    I have an incredible bond with my 3 month old that I never had with my daughter and I am so incredibly happy that I had him. Watching the siblings interact is amazing.
    Your toddler is pretty full on now but soon he/she? Will be able to talk, understand and Hopefully even help a bit once bub is here. 2 yr olds are hard work but I am finding it easier than the 0-2yrs.
    Yes, call the hospital and maybe ask for a preconception appointment based on what happened last time.
    Best of luck!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you both very much. Id love another baby but whenever I think back to those early days I get "that feeling".
    Maybe when I speak to a medical professional about my conditions things might improve. Thanks again

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by meredithgrey View Post
    Might be a good idea to also get some counselling as well - regardless as to whether you decide to have another baby or not.
    I did this and it really helped ☺️

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by EmmaJane85 View Post
    What id like to know is if other mums felt the way I have been feeling and ended up having with another child.
    Whilst completely unrelated to a bladder injury, I too had a traumatic c-section and immediately afterwards said I would never have any kids ever again....

Counselling and time helped heal and helped me overcome this fear and about a month before my DD's 2nd birthday we fell pregnant with our second who is expected just over 6 weeks away now!

I had some counselling immediately but it was actually the counselling I had about 12 months later than was most effective and beneficial.

Good luck x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    hi, like pp I had a traumatic birth via c sect... vowed never to have another one.. pretty soon I decided I will, I liked the thought of 2 kids nevertheless.. and to my surprise (I went to different hospital and ob 2nd time around) it was fantastic even tho it was a c sect again. ended up having a 3rd child

Thanks
    Reviews
    Who did you speak to. Psychologist ? Dr ?