+ Reply to Thread
Page 31 of 38 FirstFirst ... 212930313233 ... LastLast
    harvs is offline Winner 2014 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 2/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/3/15Busiest Member of the Week200 Posts in a week
    Today I would like to send @Mokeybear some love. It's definitely not due to her not unattractive offspring :-)

Mokeyspokey you are incredibly warm, supportive, strong, get wonderfully outraged on the behalf of those who need it, and have a ripper sense of humour. You are one of the only people in my world who helps me to keep the faith that one day everything will be better, and I am so, so grateful for you and your delicious dark twisty taste in party music x

2. The Following User Says Thank You to harvs For This Useful Post:

Mokeybear  (23-11-2014)

BH-KatiesMum is offline Community Manager
    Winner 2008 - The most optimistic poster
    Winner 2014 - Most Helpful Moderator
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week
    today I would like to thank @NancyBlackett - you always have such good advice.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to BH-KatiesMum For This Useful Post:

NancyBlackett  (25-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by harvs View Post
    Today I would like to send @Mokeybear some love. It's definitely not due to her not unattractive offspring :-)

Mokeyspokey you are incredibly warm, supportive, strong, get wonderfully outraged on the behalf of those who need it, and have a ripper sense of humour. You are one of the only people in my world who helps me to keep the faith that one day everything will be better, and I am so, so grateful for you and your delicious dark twisty taste in party music x
    Fanks Harvs !

ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1416741510.051304.jpg

This is my oldest, he likes long walks on the beach and piña coladas ...

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mokeybear For This Useful Post:

DesperatelySeekingSleep  (24-11-2014),Purple Lily  (23-11-2014)

harvs is offline Winner 2014 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 2/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/3/15Busiest Member of the Week200 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Mokeybear View Post
    Fanks Harvs !

Attachment 63719

This is my oldest, he likes long walks on the beach and piña coladas ...
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1416742189.223127.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1416742196.444263.jpg

8. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to harvs For This Useful Post:

Anjalee  (23-11-2014),DesperatelySeekingSleep  (24-11-2014),Jodes35  (02-12-2014),Mokeybear  (23-11-2014),Purple Lily  (23-11-2014),~Marigold~  (24-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    When I first nervously joined the hub, in my terrified and fragile state, one of the first threads I read was about Save Our Sleep. The OP had posed a question, and posted the rules about the people who were allowed to answer. If people answered and broke the rules, OP called them out on it, in a...um...very *direct* way. My original thoughts were something like 'who is this b!tch? Is she having a laugh?' and my spidey senses advised me to keep my distance.

As I lurked and read and lurked and read, this opinionated hubber appeared in many threads, and eventually she really grew on me.
    @VicPark we are very different in some ways (ok - a lot!), and, yes, we have very different posting styles, but I've come to have a lot of respect for you. You are like a marshmallow that you toasted over the fire that you accidentally burnt more than you wanted to on the outside, but once you get past the bitter/crispy/strong exterior you are rewarded with the soft gooey sweet centre.

I appreciate that you soften your approach now at times, and that you stick to your philosophy of arguing the point and not getting personal, even when others are personal with you (I'm sure any infractions or warnings you may have received would have nothing to do with that!). You are willing to concede points and are rarely fazed by eleventy people coming into a thread and quoting and disagreeing with you.

You are a strong presence on this forum.
    I remember that night/thread I thought she had had a few shandies and was laughing my butt off.

My shout out today will be for old VP as well.

One of my first posts on here, she jumped to the defence of my ex, I was feeling very fragile at the time and took it rather hard, I finally drew the conclusion that yes she WAS a man masquerading as a chick on a parenting forum

However, like you Harvs a few months rolled on and I read more posts and I realised VP had a very soft side and was very supportive in many many posts, crikey when she had her second baby, she was a real pussy cat there for awhile.

I appreciate her posts, I don't always agree but lots of times I really do.

I also particularly admire the way she does not back down when plenty of others disagree with her, she remains very unruffled, gotta admire that.

Cheers VP, they really did break the mould 😄

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Mokeybear For This Useful Post:

VicPark  (24-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    That brazen turnip.....*gasp*

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Mokeybear For This Useful Post:

harvs  (23-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week

Default November Challenge - kindness

I was absolutely convinced for a very long time that @VicPark was really Alan Jones getting his kicks getting a rise out of hormonal and sleep deprived mums.

One of my favourite threads of hers where I demanded proof she wasn't male was the thread where she went to town in parents who let kids wear bikinis.

Those were the days.

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sonja For This Useful Post:

beebs  (06-12-2014),Mama Mirabelle  (28-11-2014),Mokeybear  (24-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Mokeybear View Post

VP had a very soft side and was very supportive in many many posts, crikey when she had her second baby, she was a real pussy cat there for awhile.
    Are you implying that I've lost my ... Pineapples? Better watch it or I might have a few shandies this Saturday night!

16. The Following User Says Thank You to VicPark For This Useful Post:

Mokeybear  (24-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonja View Post
    I was absolutely convinced for a very long time that @VicPark was really Alan Jones getting his kicks getting a rise out of hormonal and sleep deprived mums.
    I suppose you weren't that far off. My dad is OBSESSED with Alan Jones. To the point where he won't do morning outings when he stays as he doesn't want to miss the broadcast. And he tries to get me involved in the latest bogan debate. It doesn't usually last long as I tell him where to stick it (except for when it comes to shoes).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    100 Posts in a week
    I have catch ups to do so three mentions today!

@[Mod] Nomsie you are always very generous in sharing your experiences and advice and I hope you never underestimate how many hubbers you have helped just be letting them know that they aren't alone with their babies (who while being beautiful are actually sent from Satan to slowly torture their parents through prolonged sleep deprivation).

@dancingchipmunk, funny, caring and lovely

@teenie, I know how much you struggle with your health and how bloody hard that is to deal with day in and day out and yet you still always offer support, kindness and advice to other hubbers (myself included)

19. The Following User Says Thank You to misskittyfantastico For This Useful Post:

BH-KatiesMum  (24-11-2014)