Closed Thread
Page 92 of 113 FirstFirst ... 42829091929394102 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello to everyone in Cape Town on and their way best of luck!

Pink congrats on 11 eggs that's a good number and Binky with 30 wowie! We had 9 with 7 fertilizing & 2 that were transferred on day 3, sadly none of the others were good to freeze but remember all it takes is one good one to get a BFP and day 3 transfers can result in preganancy. At almost 17 weeks now, we are proof of that!

As far as timing, be prepared for anything. We planned a safari at the start of our trip as we really wanted to be sure we would be able to do one & not miss out and our donor responded early so we had to rush back to Cape Town as our retrieval was done 2 days early on the day I was originally to be seen for my lining scan fortunately my lining looked good but it was stressful making it back in time for poor hubby to give his sample & caused a lot of extra pressure so you just never know what might happen!

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CAmom For This Useful Post:

Blinky76  (31-01-2015),Miss Sagi  (31-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    CAmom - It just goes to show that cycles can be unpredictable and flexibility should be built into each trip over there. Unpredictable but still successful for so many of us. 17 weeks....congrats.

Miss Sagi - Hope everything works out for your safari.

To to anyone booking their trip - as you have probably read, it's very prudent to book extra days as a 'just in case' for any scenario that may arise with your donor. We arrived 3 days before my first lining scan, so we managed to get quite a bit in before this first appointment, including shark cage diving. However, having said that, our donor was given an extra 3 days meaning ET was put back the same amount of time and it effected our 2 night stay at Sanbono....we had to make alternative arrangements for our safari and did a day trip to Aquila Game Reserve...not the safari experience that we originally wanted but it was still a fabulous alternative and we loved our time at Aquila.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Sunny15 For This Useful Post:

Miss Sagi  (31-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sounds like pushing back donors by 3 days is very common.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I couldn't book anything as they were worried about timings etc. I could have squeezed in a safari after donor EPU was confirmed, but opted to just relax and travel around thd local area.

The human body is do unpredictable. I always felt that the outcome was always the priority and I was so thankful for that.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to KMP For This Useful Post:

Miss Sagi  (31-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Blinky, great news you have extra days at the end of the planned treatment time. I had no idea it was so common to move things back.

Miss Sagi, I hope they can sort your safari out. Also hope we can meet, but you can't miss safari whist in this fabulous country.

AFM - had the day 3 update and we still have 8 embies (woo hoo)! 4 are looking ok and 4 are slow moes but good they still in the running at this stage. Bring on Monday!!!!

Have a fabulous weekend everyone!! DP is thrilled we found the biggest horse race of the year on in Cape Town today so frocked up at the races ... Just missing the bubbles

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to pinkshootingstar For This Useful Post:

Blinky76  (31-01-2015),Miss Sagi  (31-01-2015),Sunflower11  (02-02-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    We saw the signs for those Races PinkSS... But I had my heart set on going to the markets at the old biscuit mil today with a lunch at the Pot Luck Club. It was fabulous! I highly recommend it if you are a foodie like me 😉

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Blinky76 For This Useful Post:

DJSHEARS  (01-02-2015),Miss Sagi  (01-02-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Blinky, how was your lunch? The markets are fabulous aren't they? We went this morning too - so much fabulous food!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    The old biscuit mill is fabulous isn't it, we probably crossed paths with the other hundreds there this morning!

14. The Following User Says Thank You to pinkshootingstar For This Useful Post:

Blinky76  (01-02-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Egg Donation in South Africa #7

Pink the Pot Luck Club was AMAZING! The quality of dishes were very high and we liked the tapas/shared plate philosophy - it meant we could try more things on the menu
    The view at the top of the silo also gave a great aspect ..

DH also recommends any craft beer loving DH's to take a trip to Devils Peak Brewery. (Was a cheeky little discovery yesterday..)
    Last edited by Blinky76; 01-02-2015 at 02:39.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Blinky76 For This Useful Post:

pinkshootingstar  (02-02-2015),Sunflower11  (02-02-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for the tips about flexible timings ladies, I will have to factor in some fudge time when I book!

Miss Sagi, Blinky76 and Pinkshootingstar good luck for your upcoming transfers! All of your numbers sound good so far. I

Sent from my iPad using The Bub Hub mobile app

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to EmmaJane75 For This Useful Post:

Miss Sagi  (01-02-2015),pinkshootingstar  (01-02-2015)