Closed Thread
Page 9 of 113 FirstFirst ... 78910111959109 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi everyone,

I wanted to pop in and say Hi and that I am reading along and thinking of you all. I'm not going to attempt a whole lot of personals as there would just be so many and it's a bit hard from my bed rest horizontal position!

I did want to wish the best to everyone now in SA or soon to head over. And, I wanted to say a special hi to @EmmaJane75...welcome over from our other shared thread :-).

Of course, welcome to the other newbies too, congrats to the recent BFPs, commiserations to those that haven't had success yet and a big congrats to Feather on the birth of her boys.

AFM, I was discharged from hospital last weekend after 4 weeks...woohoo! I had another scan on Thursday and that showed that my SCH is gradually getting smaller, but is not gone yet. I'm not sure if I mentioned that I also had low amniotic fluid issues but I'm very happy to say that is totally back to normal now after a change in medication. (Some meds can cause the baby to not urinate as much and hence this worrying problem...I am learning new things all the time through this process). So, even though all looks good right now, my OB is being very conservative and has asked me to spend another 4 weeks on bedrest at home. The 4 weeks ahead of me feels very cumbersome right now but hopefully it will go fast. I am just keeping my eye on the end-prize that we've worked so hard for.

Xx

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MrsErinR For This Useful Post:

EmmaJane75  (09-11-2014),mardicharli  (09-11-2014),MGC Bertie  (09-11-2014),Sunflower11  (09-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    MrsErin... I have been thinking of you lots. I just can't imagine what 4 weeks in hospital would feel like and now another 4 weeks at home on bed rest. What does that actually mean? Do you have to actually lie in bed all day and all night? You poor thing - hope it improves dramatically and soon!

Thanks
    Reviews
    In hospital I was only allowed to get up to shower and use the toilet. At home, it's much the same but harder to do as there is not always someone here to make meals etc. I move between lying on couch and bed depending on my mood. The doctor said I can spend a bit of time sitting up on the couch now, and that is great. Love being able to sit up, if only for short stints.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Welcome to all the newbies. I think there are many of us who wouldn't have even considered overseas DE without this thread, not only for everyone's experiences but for the confidence to go ahead and do it.

Feather, congratulations on the birth of your 2 beautiful boys. I hope they're growing nicely and will be home soon with you.

To all the November girls, wishing you all the very best and enjoy your dinner together. Fingers crossed for 100% success rate with our little group.

Patsy, low numbers doesn't mean low success, as my FS said to me this week "you will be surprised how young eggs make such a difference'.

Landed & Mardicharli, I received my depot injection last Tuesday, which was 13 days. Laned it sounds like Qld aust post are just basically slack up there. Mardicharli, I'm an Adelaidian too, I also think we have the same FS by the way you spoke about him previously.

CAmon, congrats on your results, here's to an uneventful 9mths.

MGCBertie, congratulations on being PUPO, praying you don't need to go to go SA.

If I've missed anyone, I'm so sorry this thread has so much going on, it's hard to keep up

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Miss Sagi For This Useful Post:

mardicharli  (09-11-2014),Patsy73  (09-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MrsErinR View Post
    Hi everyone,

I wanted to pop in and say Hi and that I am reading along and thinking of you all. I'm not going to attempt a whole lot of personals as there would just be so many and it's a bit hard from my bed rest horizontal position!

I did want to wish the best to everyone now in SA or soon to head over. And, I wanted to say a special hi to @EmmaJane75...welcome over from our other shared thread :-).

Of course, welcome to the other newbies too, congrats to the recent BFPs, commiserations to those that haven't had success yet and a big congrats to Feather on the birth of her boys.

AFM, I was discharged from hospital last weekend after 4 weeks...woohoo! I had another scan on Thursday and that showed that my SCH is gradually getting smaller, but is not gone yet. I'm not sure if I mentioned that I also had low amniotic fluid issues but I'm very happy to say that is totally back to normal now after a change in medication. (Some meds can cause the baby to not urinate as much and hence this worrying problem...I am learning new things all the time through this process). So, even though all looks good right now, my OB is being very conservative and has asked me to spend another 4 weeks on bedrest at home. The 4 weeks ahead of me feels very cumbersome right now but hopefully it will go fast. I am just keeping my eye on the end-prize that we've worked so hard for.

Xx
    Thanks MrsErinR. X
    I am sorry you are having to stay put for another four weeks! You must be going stir crazy!! Have you stocked up on dvd's and good books? I am glad however, to hear that SCH has continued to get smaller, that must be a relief.

Sent from my iPad using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just wanted to also say good luck to Patsy73, and offer what little, inexperienced advice I can.

Know that you have lots of people here cheering for you and wishing you the best.

Remember you are on the other side of the planet right now having an amazing life experience. As hard as it may be, force yourself to get out and enjoy yourself. Bombard your senses with everything Cape Town has to offer and come back home with 100's of more happy, positive memories and stories to inspire others to do the same. And the odds are still well in your favor for your BFP too.

Blokes, my best advice is to get involved and plan a wonderful life experience in CT. Talk to your partners about yours and her worries. Listen and support her through this as much as you can, you don't have to be superman, just be someone she can get everything off her chest to.

She will no doubt freak out over every tiny set back and you cannot blame yourself. Don't let her blame herself either. The journey is long and bumpy and sucks sometimes, but ALWAYS worth it. No matter what happens.

Its our last 5 days of work this week before we head off and I am starting to feel the nervous / excited energy now. My mates just think I'm taking the family on an African safari on a whim. Our son's now at an awesome age where I'm sure he'll remember things, and this is just the start of my family's crazy adventures around the world.

Goodnight everyone. Sweet dreams.
    Last edited by Konza; 09-11-2014 at 21:18.

9. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Konza For This Useful Post:

laned  (10-11-2014),mardicharli  (09-11-2014),Patsy73  (10-11-2014),Sunflower11  (09-11-2014),Tittle  (23-11-2014),williteverhappen  (10-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quick question for those who have previously travelled to SA....did anyone buy any wood carvings and, if so, how did you go getting them back through customs?

Also, I vaguely recall a mention of fabulous handbags in CT. Where do I find them? I haven't done much shopping yet so any tips would be greatly appreciated! :-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Konza I just noticed that your trip is coming up very soon and wondered whether you will be in CT on the 18th? Hopeforall, Laned and I will all be meeting up for dinner in the city if you guys are here by then? PM me if you're interested!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to williteverhappen For This Useful Post:

laned  (10-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi williteverhappen. We brought wood carved items back and customs didn't blink an eye. Only thing they did anything with was a carved ostrich egg light - all they did with it was give it a spray treatment. Can't help with the handbags though. Happy shopping.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Hoping4best For This Useful Post:

williteverhappen  (10-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey everyone, I'm writing this from our apartment in Claremont. The flight over was no hassles except I think I picked up a cold on the way :-( Dubai was amazing as always!
    Aww Patsy, I'm so saddened by reading your post. I know exactly how you must be feeling. I don't know about you but when I do Ivf I get small amounts of eggs, so when you're doing donor eggs with such a young person you expect so much better than yourself, plus the journey of what it takes for us to get here we just expect a bit better to give us the best chances. My first appointment is today where I will hear how my ED is going, then EPU expected for Wed.
    Just try to think of something else although it sounds easier than it does. You never know what may happen!
    So far we've only been driving around Claremont as arrived 3pm yesterday. It is truly a beautiful area, very clean & modern, and I can tell slightly upmarket. The sun stays out til 7pm which I have to get used to. We don't have daylight savings in Qld. Our unit is across the road from Cacendish Square mall so if anyone wants to catch up for a bite to eat let me know :-)

Konza welcome, I read your post to my husband this morning & it brought a smile to his face. Thank you for giving us a husbands perspective. It's nice to know how much you guys really care about us. You actually have quite an important role in all this too.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hope for all For This Useful Post:

Patsy73  (10-11-2014),williteverhappen  (10-11-2014)