Closed Thread
Page 87 of 112 FirstFirst ... 3777858687888997 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Yes, I took a gift and many others have too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I didn't take a gift and actually would not have thought it to be appropriate. That's probably more my medical based training and ethics about not blurring the lines and remaining anonymous. I'd have had no idea how to get it to my donor regardless. In no way am I thankless, just not comfortable doing something that may upset the boundaries of payment for service. The donors are paid for their services and it is not altruistic in Cape Town.

Best wishes to the February ladies. Not long now......

3. The Following User Says Thank You to KMP For This Useful Post:

Miss Sagi  (28-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've got a gift for my donor. Did anyone give a card with it? Not sure if I should give a card as well. TBH I have the card with me, just struggling with the words to put in it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I gave a card, but with nothing identifying in it. I believe they check them. I gave the gift to cyndi to pass on to the donor. She said a gift was fine but not to go overboard.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to MrsErinR For This Useful Post:

Miss Sagi  (28-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Miss Sagi View Post
    I've got a gift for my donor. Did anyone give a card with it? Not sure if I should give a card as well. TBH I have the card with me, just struggling with the words to put in it.
    We did... Gift and card. Just give it to your co ordinator on the day of EPU, they pass it on.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to emski72 For This Useful Post:

Devaki  (29-01-2015),Miss Sagi  (28-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good luck Blinky!! thinking of you!!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Tittle For This Useful Post:

Blinky76  (28-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    We gave our donor a small gift and a card as a token of our appreciation. Think it's a nice thing to do. We just said how grateful and appreciative we were and wished her well in her future life...and left it with our co-ordinator on the day of the egg pick up.

Good luck Blinky and Miss Sagi, hope it's going well in CT.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Patsy73 For This Useful Post:

Devaki  (29-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Amie999

I went with Xytex Cryo International for a sperm donor as I wanted identity disclosure for when the child turns 18. All donations in South Africa egg & sperm are anonymous. Its just personal choice. If you do want to import sperm get it sorted early as your need a sperm import permit which can take up to 8 weeks to get. I was lucky and it only took 4 weeks for me at Christmas time but I had my coordinator chasing them.

I have a small gift to give to my donor. I am just going to leave it at the clinic when I go in for my first appointment. They said they will make sure that she gets it.

I started on my pills today

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Miss Sagi View Post
    I got a gift and card. I know they get paid for a service with their fee but wanted to give her a permanent link that I could also share with any subsequent child.
    I wrote some things down but nothing identifying (no names etc). It did take me some time to write last time and I admit I will probably replicate some of that message again this time (2nd time around). I think I found it most difficult because the message was quite raw and open. I personally felt it necessary considering the magnitude of the 'gift' she was giving us.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Amie999 - All the above is great advice. You will be amazed at how easy it actually is to organise a full cycle overseas. I had fantastic service from CFC. I really recommend reading through all the threads and note any tips...you won't regret it.

Blinky and Miss Sagi - How are things going over there for you?

Annabelle - Yay on starting your pills!

Devaki - Firstly, I received your PM. If it's okay, I will answer tomorrow...just got back home after 7 weeks away...just waiting for the washing before hitting the sack. 2 flights and a taxi ride and my boy decided to poop on each!!!! Secondly, I also gave my donor a card and small gift. I left it with Cyndi on the day of EPU. I too didn't identify myself in the card....I expressed how grateful I was for her precious gift. Lastly, I'm glad you got peace of mind from Cyndi that your cycle was not in jeopardy...as I said previously, they keep all scenarios in mind.
    Last edited by Sunny15; 29-01-2015 at 00:00.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Sunny15 For This Useful Post:

Devaki  (29-01-2015)