Closed Thread
Page 86 of 113 FirstFirst ... 3676848586878896 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Sunny, Miss Sagi and Emski on the information regarding intrillipids. I have prescriptions for Clexane and prenisolone at home which is good. Hoping Dr W when he does my plan mentions the protocol for killer cells as I have sent him my test result which shows I have elevated killer cells. I have a few different FS over the years and none of them have intrillipids and I just want to throw everything at it. Do you have intrillipids done after transfer or only the 4 - 6 weeks following a positive result? I wouldn't be able to do this as my FS doesn't offer it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lisaxxx View Post
    Thanks Sunny, Miss Sagi and Emski on the information regarding intrillipids. I have prescriptions for Clexane and prenisolone at home which is good. Hoping Dr W when he does my plan mentions the protocol for killer cells as I have sent him my test result which shows I have elevated killer cells. I have a few different FS over the years and none of them have intrillipids and I just want to throw everything at it. Do you have intrillipids done after transfer or only the 4 - 6 weeks following a positive result? I wouldn't be able to do this as my FS doesn't offer it.
    Lisaxxx, I have elevated NK cells and I was also with Dr W. From memory, he doesn't really believe in intralipids but they're happy to administer them if you want them. I just arranged mine through Cyndi and I recall it cost about $200-$250AUD which is about what I pay here in Melbourne. I then had another lot at home after BFP and at fortnightly intervals through my first trimester. That is my FS's protocol, but others may differ. In honesty, I suspect the good embryo made a much bigger difference than the intralipid but I guess I didn't want to take any chances.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to MrsErinR For This Useful Post:

Lisaxxx  (29-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Lisa - MrsErinR hit the nail on the head. Also, it maybe worthwhile searching who is your closest clinic that gives the intrillipids procedure, just in case you go ahead with the procedure post positive result.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Sunny15 For This Useful Post:

Lisaxxx  (29-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi there, I'd love to get some advice from ladies here. I'm not having success with my own eggs and would love to start looking at Clinics in Capetown.
    I'm 38, single and using donor sperm.
    No other issues apart from eggs.
    Can you suggest a clinic and possible cost - waiting period ?
    Are they supportive ?
    Thanks so much.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Egg Donation in South Africa #7

Quote Originally Posted by amie999 View Post
    Hi there, I'd love to get some advice from ladies here. I'm not having success with my own eggs and would love to start looking at Clinics in Capetown.
    I'm 38, single and using donor sperm.
    No other issues apart from eggs.
    Can you suggest a clinic and possible cost - waiting period ?
    Are they supportive ?
    Thanks so much.
    Amie999, most of us have gone through Cape Fertility Clinic in Cape Town. Their website has lots of info and if you leave your details they will send you an info pack very promptly. That will have pricing. It is also well worth reading back through these threads to hear everyone's experiences. That gave me such comfort in making my decision to go to Cape Town.

It can all happen quite fast once you choose an egg donor and get the ball rolling.

The clinic was very supportive and I found their customer service a cut above what we get here.

I can't speak for what happens with donor sperm but some other ladies may be able to.

Good luck with your decision.
    Last edited by MrsErinR; 28-01-2015 at 12:47.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to MrsErinR For This Useful Post:

amie999  (29-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Amie999 I'm just pregnant (fingers crossed) after going in January.

With sperm the Cape Fertility has its own sperm donors and the list is extensive. Once you touch base you'll have access to the database for general selection and then they will email more detailed profiles after you short list.

Trust me, it all happens very quickly.....

10. The Following User Says Thank You to KMP For This Useful Post:

amie999  (29-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Amie999, like KMP said. I chose sperm from CFC. I think Annabelle chose and exported sperm from Cypro Sperm bank? Called something like that anyway. CFC have been great and the whole process is easy.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Miss Sagi For This Useful Post:

amie999  (29-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Xytec from the States... I had amazing donor from there..... but way more to choose from in Cape Town and right on hand.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to KMP For This Useful Post:

amie999  (29-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Lisa, CFC won't do anything with immune issues, I sent my results to them as well, but you have to be on the front foot with the treatment yourself as they won't do anything. Put your own plan together for when to start your Pred and Clexane and book in for Intrilipids with CFC. I emailed the clinic to make a time for Intrilipids and Elaine said I could arrange it when I had my first appt. with the Dr. I wasnt satisfied with that response and emailed her to say I had to have it 7 days before transfer (which was the day of my first appointment), she replied by booking me in 6 days prior to transfer (day after 1st appt). I was happy with that and locked it in. What state are you in? You should jump over to the natural high killer cells immune thread to find out where you can go for intrilipids (a lot of immune knowledge on this thread). If you get a BFP you may need it every 4 - 6 weeks.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Miss Sagi For This Useful Post:

Lisaxxx  (29-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi girls and thanks for your responses. Turns out I shouldn't have been so concerned as CFC people are truly so very helpful! I emailed and called Cyndi and turns out they build such delays into their timing. My donor doesn't start the meds before 31st anyway so there was no drama at all. I have another scan tmr am and hopefully my lining has shed and I can start my meds. Cyndi said we won't change anything at that stage. So all is well

Hoping4Best - I did have the scratch and flush and test, so full monty. I wasn't concerned, as a matter of fact, I know 4 friends who did that first and fell pregnant in the next cycle.

Another question for you all - has any of you taken a little present for your donor? I know its all altruistic and no money etc given to the donor but what about a little thank you gift?

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Devaki For This Useful Post:

Hoping4best  (29-01-2015)