Closed Thread
Page 76 of 113 FirstFirst ... 2666747576777886 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Congratulations KMP - what a great start to the year! Wishing you safe travels as you come home from Bali tomorrow. Sounds like you BT should bring you strong results☺️

AFM - just a week until we leave- just finalising the last minute travel stuff and counting down the hours at work (4 days). A busy weekend of social stuff and then we fly !

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by emski72 View Post
    I'm looking at May, but probably late May depending on getting my period back again post pregnancy.
    Any news on your cycle, Emski?? Is it a definite June for you?

I'm 26 weeks now and already starting to plan another trip for FET in January 2016.....

Thanks
    Reviews
    After some input here.... ok, so we all know the thing about age etc and some people will only use a proven donor whilst others are happy to use an unproven one. The thing I am battling with is this...what age is your cut off? Would any of you use a 32/33 year old donor when you do have the choice of selecting a younger one??
    Found one I really like, a mother and proven donor but the age is not settling well with me.
    Thanks....Donna xx
    Last edited by DJSHEARS; 19-01-2015 at 20:21.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Donna I'd go with younger..... it's a statistics thing for me. Younger higher proportion of better quality... I'm terrible about that sorry. Otherwise I could have gotten a donor that age in Australia.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to KMP For This Useful Post:

JoJoD  (19-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Donna, I would definately go with a younger donor. I told my FS that we were looking at those under 30 nd he said to look under 25 if available. The younger the better your chances with nice young eggs, and hopefully more.
    i was also put off by donors who had done too many cycles, as they have a limit of how many children they can help conceive and I'd hate to go back for another only to find my donor had reached her limit and we would have to use a different donor.
    Good luck, it's not an easy process but once the donor is chosen, everything else flies by... Xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Donna

For what its worth, we used a 23 year old donor and got a BFP first go (with a healthy bub 9 months later) after many disappointments and hurdles with my own eggs. All the best to you x

Sent from my SM-G900I using The Bub Hub mobile app

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JoJoD For This Useful Post:

KMP  (19-01-2015),pinkshootingstar  (20-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Donna my cut off was 30... Our donor was 22.
    Tittle, yes still looking at late May. I just had all my testing redone - just need the ultrasound done when I'm back from holidays in Feb. And AF to show up.
    Thanks @Rainbowchaser for the info, the needling i had dine on my hands seems to have helped - it will take a few sessions i think.

Thanks
    Reviews
    KMP – Congrats on the BFP . I am sure you’re elated and can’t wait for Tuesday to see the numbers.

Donna – I agree with what the ladies said. My final two favourites where, a 24 year old and a 30 year old (both with their own children). In the end I went with the younger donor, I felt I had better chances of younger and better quality eggs with her. Good luck with choosing your donor.

February Ladies – Almost time now… Excited and nervous

11. The Following User Says Thank You to faith15 For This Useful Post:

pinkshootingstar  (20-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Donna, CFC advised against a donor we liked originally who was 32. They said they'd consider that old. (Depressing huh!?!)

Tittle, I might see you there in Jan 2016. That's roughly what we're looking at for #2 :-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Congratulations KMP and good luck for your BT