Closed Thread
Page 72 of 112 FirstFirst ... 2262707172737482 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Egg Donation in South Africa #7

Hi Devaki,
    We are in Cape Town from the evening of the 26th January until the 11th February. We are staying at Seapoint until the 8th when we head to Stellenbosch until we leave.
    If it means we can meet a few more people we can come back into Cape Town for lunch sometime on the 9th?

I'd love to compare notes with a fellow Wazza Warrior 😉

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies, thanks much for your replies to my last question. I just have a couple more. I know some of you have contacted CFC to ask them about the history of possible donors, did you request info on the donors straight to your doctor or via their assistant? Did you just give them the donor name and agency and did you tell the agency you were going to do this first?

Sent from my iPad using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks very much Blinky I shall check them out tonight.

Devaki I'm also with Dr WDA. If you don't mind I'd be interested to hear how your hysteroscopy goes. I'm due to have one next month and I'm a little bit nervous. It's probably not so much the hysteroscopy, it's probably more the anaesthetic to be honest :-/

It looks like we will be in Cape Town about 12/03 for about a week. Although I'm with medfem in Joburg - Cape Fertility who you all seem to go to have said they would do a scan for me which is great (it was Dr Matebese that some of you go to who emailed me). That means we can have a little holiday first and I can enjoy some time in the wine lands and maybe a sundowner and some hiking - all things I wouldn't do last time for fear I would jeopardise things.
    On the down side it appears airfares are no longer $750 which they had been last year.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by EmmaJane75 View Post
    Hi ladies, thanks much for your replies to my last question. I just have a couple more. I know some of you have contacted CFC to ask them about the history of possible donors, did you request info on the donors straight to your doctor or via their assistant? Did you just give them the donor name and agency and did you tell the agency you were going to do this first?

I always sent all my correspondence to both the nurse and the doctor. Then I just gave them the agency name and the code for the donor. No need to tell the agency first, although I did tell one agency that I had enquired direct with CFC as I found the info from CFC differed to what the agency had told me. They weren't perturbed that I'd asked CFC directly for the info.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by EmmaJane75 View Post

I found the easiest was to email the doctor and 'CC' the nurse coordinator and the agency contact all in the same email request.

They all usually replied and then all knew what questions had been asked And answered. Usually by this stage I was already 'engaged' in conversation with the agencies so it was straight forward.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoping4best View Post
    Hi everyone. I'm sure I've seen a couple of you mention you've spent a night or 2 in stellenbosch but I can't find the info in the threads. If anyone can suggest somewhere to stay I'd be most appreciative.
    dont forget Franschhoek..not that far from stellenbosch but a great, very safe little town...we stayed close to town centre in something simple (this) and would wander down to main street to have dinner etc no worries. nice little markets on the weekend too. we also bushwalked and hour or 2 up (and down) the mountain behind franschoek if you are feeling energetic!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Tittle - fantastic.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi

Just a quick update. Dr H has instructed me to take my Depot injection tomorrow whether I get AF or not. Last time I did IVF with OE at CFC, I didn't get a period when I stopped the pill, so I think it's going to happen again. I am getting the usual AF cramping but no AF . The spotting I was having has also stopped.

I was hoping to get AF this time. It does settle the mind a bit. Any tips on how to administer the injection? Is there a particular time it must be done? I am going to do it myself.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Faith, just read the instructions of the injection to mix the solution, then when you're ready inject it where you would in your tummy for IVF. I dont think theirs a time frame to do it, just day 1 of your period, so I did it at night. BTW my period came 4 days after stopping the pill

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Miss Sagi For This Useful Post:

faith15  (16-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hoping4best I've heard Franshhoek is gorgeous and was going but potential early transfer date got in the way. They only give a few hours notice if day 3 transfer (which totally screwed up holiday plans).

We drove through Stellenbosch and it was magical. I would have wanted to go into that amazing sculpture gallery. A friend got good accom ghrough Air BnB for her stay back there (she works in Saudi). The coastal drive from The Strand to Hermanus is one of the most breathtaking coastal roads you will find. Hermanus is probably the equivalent of a Byron Bay meaning beachy getaway area. Laid back and beautiful.

AFM not too certain about POAS. Cramping days 1-3 post transfer but now nothing. Normal progesterone pains but only in 6dp 5dt so maybe tomorrow. Arrrgh the wait

12. The Following User Says Thank You to KMP For This Useful Post:

Hoping4best  (16-01-2015)